D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

"Oh no you don't" Harfik grunts as he catches up to the assassin.

Harfik does his best to position himself between the creature and it's escape.

Two diagonal strikes with his sword in rapid succession the first coming down on what should be by Harfiks estimate a vital are of this creatures essance with the pommel followed by a cutting motion that clangs as it glances off.

OOC:
I'm reading it as we are in a new round so thats how I'm treating it. No idea if I am right or wrong.
Attack Action: 1D20+11 = [12]+11 = 23
1D6+8 = [2]+8 = 10
1D20+11 = [2]+11 = 13
1D6+8 = [3]+8 = 11

Spending 1 Ki point to make the hits a stunning strike (Con save DC 15) I have no idea if this thing is immune to this or not. Worth a shot.

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa's eyes gleam red as he activates his enhanced targeting protocols. In his field of visions the contrasts emerge, clearly defining contrasts and object boundaries. Range and relative speeds are spelled out. An indicator marks where the blasts from his weapon will land.

He has no way to reliably stop an undead perpetrator other than to destroy it; his nonlethal apprehension techniques would typically only work on living minds.

The cannon on his shoulder bucks in rapid succession, launching a pair of brilliant projectiles that light the room like hurled torches as they go!

(Hex as bonus using warlock slot, then Eldritch Blast)
Atk 1
[roll0] to hit, for [roll1] and [roll2] damage.
Atk 2
[roll3] to hit, for [roll4] and [roll5] damage.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Grinning at the onslaught of his companions, Aanzu rushes forward with his newfound flight ability. Rather than attack the creature outright, the dragonborn moves up to it and grabs the thing with his powerful hand, his sword in the other hand ready to strike.

OOC: If there's anything left of the assassin after all the attacks, Aanzu will attempt a grapple: My Athletics roll versus the opponent's Athletics or Acrobatics roll.
Aanzu's Athletics roll: [roll0]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

Harfik's attacks cause the armor to open and the body to break, letting out a good amount of scarabs and green fire. The undead does not lose balance, though. Showing tremendous resilience, it continues forward, Icosa's shots targeting its back. The first one seems to hold no effect against the armor and the undead carcass, but the second one burns his right shoulder away. The creature howls in pain as Aanzu approaches in flight. His skilled claw dances around and the creature missteps, practically falling into Aanzu's grasp! Lifted, it still struggles, but it seems too hurt and too weakened to obtain any solid results.... His light body is no nuisance to the dragon prince as well. It seems the creature will need a good amount of effort - and luck - to flee from ots captors.

The undead snarls and protests, shaking its body in a desperate attempt to escape. The fires that animate the body rise through several cuts on the chest, as well as the chunk missing from his shoulder. The right arm is useless now, hanging from the open bruise, where a mass of burned bones twist against the living green display.

"Aaah, you've bested me, Teraphim..." - an old, resigned voice comes from the increasingly still undead. "And what do I owe you for my precious life?" - his snark tone does not attempt to hide his cynicism.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

[Yup, that was a new round! And now you have the fugitive within grasp!]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Tink stop!" Thulwar calls out.

"We are NOT The Teraphim, creature! You attacked us, now you reap what you saw. But if you have something to offer us, talk. We are not merciless killers."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aanzu tightens his grip on the treacherous creature as his battle trance fades away. The enemy is defeated, and the prince and his companions have captured a hostile soldier. Time to get some information.

"How many little bugs are still crawling around?" the dragonborn asks in a low tone, after Thulwar has explained that talking might help it. "Who else stands in the way of the mighty Blue Dragon? And where are the Waterworks located?"

Aanzu seems to have no idea what a ridiculous question that last bit is.

OOC: Dropping out of rage, keeping the grapple up. If I read the post correctly, the assassin does not try to escape at this moment, so no new rolls are needed. If they are, let me know.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

Harfik steadies his weapon and looks around for more foes approaching in the darkness.

"And where would this have taken you?" He motions to the opening.

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa moves forward to join the others. As they commence interrogations, he turns his attention outward, towards the entrances and exits of the room, the walls and ceilings. The possibility of a hostile intervention trying to take advantage of their distraction was unacceptably high.

(Staying vigilant!)

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

[First things first: @Shayuri, @JustinCase and @Greenmtn, could you give me a perception roll each, please? Icosa has advantage on this one, since he's almost exclusively standing watch]

"We are NOT The Teraphim, creature! You attacked us, now you reap what you saw. But if you have something to offer us, talk. We are not merciless killers."

The creature motions as if spitting, emiting a low, disdainful whisper instead.

"You serve a Teraphim. And that's enough for me." - he motions towards the darkness the heroes left behind, where the silent Ajax waits. At least the scout had the common sense to stay behind, lest he anger the prisoner even more. "We have nothing to offer a monster's servant. Kill me. Kill me now! Gods know it makes no difference." - he chuckles within Aanzu's grasp, and only after a few seconds everyone realizes he's laughing. The lack of flesh on his features makes reading his reactions a lot harder.

"How many little bugs are still crawling around?" the dragonborn asks in a low tone, after Thulwar has explained that talking might help it. "Who else stands in the way of the mighty Blue Dragon? And where are the Waterworks located?"

"More than you could count, oh great blue dragon!" - the undead mocks the prince. "Certainly more than you could kill..." - he laughs a raspy laugh once more, only the motions of his non-breathing chest suggesting the attitude. "Funny thing about dragons... The real ones, I mean... Is that even they fall prey to small things such as bugs, in the end... I remember the vision of a rotting dragon within Green Valley... Only bones remaining after scarabs ate the rest away... We took the scales. They made for nice armor." - he motions in mockery once more. "Lovely to see what a skilled necromancer can do with such powerful bones... Some stitches here and there, a nice ritual and, before you know, the bones are back. Why don't you go to the Valley and ask your thin friend how it feels to be eaten by mere bugs?" - he points towards the darkness. As for the waterworks, he simply ignores the question, as if it hadn't even been made to begin with, cocking his head back to face his captor directly.

"And where would this have taken you?"

"Into your personal hell.... Monk." - he glances towards Harfik. "I thought your kind had gone down entirely, beyond Teraphim influence, I mean. Well, I guess there's always a fool ready to go back into servitude." - he chuckles again.

@Neurotic @Shayuri @JustinCase @Greenmtn

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases