[IC] The Protectors of Greensfen (Part II)

nerdytenor

First Post
'Past the old gods' or no, no intervention, divine or otherwise, prevents Blay from sending the guard unconscious to the ground (G2 is out). Karis easily manages to penetrate another guard's defenses with the deft application of her blade.

The two remaining guards look at each other. If their lack of desire to continue fighting weren't already clear from their expressions, their actions leave no doubt.

One guard places his weapon on the ground and raises his hands in the air, looking to his companion for some assurance. "I didn't sign up for this," he says.

The other guard responds by dropping his weapon and running full speed towards the town.

"Galen! Wait!" shouts the remaining guard. But he is too late. He turns to face you.

"I don't care what the boss says - this whole fight was a big mistake. You've got no quarrel with our town as best as I can see." He turns to face the trailing form of Galen heading towards town. "You've got about five minutes until he gets back here with help. That is, assuming that's where he's going..."

"Go on, get out of here."

OOC: What do you do? Anyone want to chase the runaway guard? Talk? Skip town?

Status

Kraegyn (25/46, +2 damage all attacks) <-- Your turn
Joshua (19/34) <-- Your turn
Rellek (31/41) <-- Your turn
Blay (27/35, prone) <-- Your turn
Karis (26/34 +3 tmp) <-- Your turn
G3 (41 damage, dazed joshua ent, Div. Chal, kick used)
Encounter Resources Used
Blay - 2nd wind, Majestic Word one and two, blunder
Karis - tumble, bait and switch, used action point, Elven Accuracy
Joshua - Force Orb, Color Spray
Rellek - Dragon Breath

Daily Resources Used
Kraegyn - 6 surges, 1 action point, inspiring word, Paladin's Judgement
Joshua - 3 surges, sleep
Blay - one action point, two surges
Karis - one surge

The Digger

First Post
"Very well. If we have 5 minutes, use them efficiently. What is going on here? And who are you defending against?"

Joshua turned to Rellek and the others "Come on lads, I'm tired. What else do we want to know? I for one want to get the frock out of here."

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek nodded to Joshua, Sad though it is we fought, we came to find answers, to help your greetings thus far have been far from welcoming. Indeed tell us and tell us quick what ails this place...

Rellek cast a look back at the running guard, wondering how much time they'd have to get away if this guard stalled them. Bending down as he listened he sought to tie the unconscious men's hands, whilst listening to the guard's tale.

covaithe

Explorer
Karis looks after the fleeing guard, sorely tempted to give chase, but unwilling to be separated from her friends again. Every time I let them out of my sight, something bad happens she thinks.

"Tell us what you know, and be quick about it. If reinforcements come before we're finished with you, you'll be a hostage instead of a prisoner. I don't think you'd like that much," she snarls at the disarmed guards.

nerdytenor

First Post
"Very well. If we have 5 minutes, use them efficiently. What is going on here? And who are you defending against?"

Joshua turned to Rellek and the others "Come on lads, I'm tired. What else do we want to know? I for one want to get the frock out of here."

"Hey, I'm just a hired hand. Hired by the Force. I guess you wouldn't have heard of 'em unless you lived around here. They came to our town but a few years back - some kind of movement or religion, I don't know. Don't much care to tell you the truth - they kept our town safe like it hasn't been for years. So I decided to join up - just as a merc, you know? I don't got much religion in me. But I figured they were doing some good work and I could make some decent coin at it."

"As for what we're defending against, well, that I don't know. Just heard tell that some 'disruptive forces' might be coming to town to try and disrupt our hard-won peace."

Indeed tell us and tell us quick what ails this place...
"Nothing much so far as I can tell, although some of the more connected members of the Force do give me a most uncomfortable feeling, truth be told. But they've kept us safe. Almost all banditry has been eliminated - the only trouble we've had of late have been a few random
kidnappings..."

If reinforcements come before we're finished with you, you'll be a hostage instead of a prisoner. I don't think you'd like that much

"No ma'am, but you'll like it even less when you find out I'm not worth a whole hell of a lot. I'm just one of many."

OOC: You've got time for two more questions with no risk. If you want to talk any more after that, well... :devil:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I was going to suggest that we should ask where The Force leadership hangs out, but it occurs to me that I don't remember why we were going wherever it was that we're going, from the tavern where we fought the warforged guys. Did we already get some info about where Baradur and his cronies hang out?

nerdytenor

First Post
Adventure Recap

In Part I of the adventure, our heroes tracked down a missing warlock, Mardrick, from the town of Greensfen, a town plagued by a mysterious crop blight and strange disappearances. Once recovered, they discovered that Mardrick's wife, Elloen, was in league with the mysterious enemy leader, Baradur, that had been attacking the town and using strange necromantic stones to leech the life out of the town's populace for some unknown purpose. Our heroes successfully defeated some of Baradur's forces, but Elloen managed to escape through the use of a teleportation device.

In Part II, our heroes have been tasked by the mayor of Greensfen to find and eliminate Baradur's forces. Mardrick, convinced that his wife is innocent and being manipulated by some dark magics, has implored our heroes to rescue Elloen as part of the quest. In order to track Elloen and Baradur, our heroes received the aid of Mardrick's teacher. Though Elloen's teleporation stone was spent, Mardrick's teacher managed to attune it to it's target location - she has taught Joshua a ritual he can employ daily to get a rough idea of the target of the teleportation.

Thus armed, the party headed east to the town of Andusk on the border of a swamp. There they met up with a bartender who claimed to be a friend of the mayor of Greensfen. Our heroes were attacked in the middle of the bar, dispatching a small but lethal band of humans led by warforged. The bartender offered his mother's house as a hiding place for the adventurers, but unfortunately, our heroes were detected by a shadowy group of local forces (vigilantes? cult members?), and led to a hut for questioning. Unbeknownst to the questioners, the three heroes they picked up did not include the full complement, as Karis and Rellek followed in silence.

In the middle of questioning in a compound a few minutes outside the town, Karis and Rellek attempted to quickly subdue a small patrol outside the compound, but were discovered, whence a fight broke out and...

Here we are.

Last edited:

Remove ads