[IC] The Protectors of Greensfen (Part II)

nerdytenor

First Post
The man chuckles despite himself. "Baradur? Well, sure. Just 'cause I don't sign up to all of the religious mumbo-jumbo doesn't mean I don't know about it. Baradur's the leader of the whole shebang. Never seen him, and we don't speak his name to the civilians - you know, the regular townsfolk."

"I've never heard of no Elloen though.

Arbanax

First Post
Suddenly it all made terrible sense, in some twisted fashion. No wonder the town had known a relative amount of peace and had been left undisturbed unlike Greensfen, Rellek mused.

Friends are time here is far spent, reinforcements will not delay. Clearly this town is not the haven we might have taken it to be. We must away before escape can be denied us. What say you all? Rellek asked, look about to see if he could detect the approach of reinforcements.

Ab

OOC great recap NT thanks mate.

The Digger

First Post
Joshua's cheeks were burning red with fury and shame. "I should have realised when the stone brought us here. Let us be off my friends so that we can plan a response somewhere safer."

covaithe

Explorer
Karis looks oddly pleased; a little self-satisfied smile quirking a corner of her lips. She doesn't actually come out and say "I told you so," but neither does she try very hard to hide her thoughts.

She looks around, trying to guess the best direction to go to hide themselves for the evening. She points out a few promising looking trails to those who have studied the wilderness.

ooc: Aid another to grant +2 on a nature check to find a good spot to hide: success

pathfinderq1

First Post
Kraegyn had kept a silent watch while the others handled the questioning- he knew that frightening the remaining guard too much wouldn't yield any profit. Only reluctantly he followed the others back away from the encampment- part of him wanted to chase down the other guards, and to wait with a ready sword for the reinforcements...

OOC: Somehow, I was afraid that was going to be the answer to this little riddle. Now what do we do?

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek started to move forward his eyes already adjusted to the way ahead. He looked about for the best path away and motioned for the others to follow, indicating for Karis to join him. He needed all the help he could get on this dark night, if the group was to evade the watch and find safe shelter.

OOC NT Invisible castle is down so I'm going with honesty here I made a check v nature rolled a 10 on a d20 with that skill gives me 18 just to keep things moving.

Ab

nerdytenor

First Post
Rellek has no trouble assessing the immediate outskirts of Andusk for hiding places, despite the encroaching darkness and shortage of time. The trees begin to thicken a few miles to the east. You know from your discussions with the mayor of Greensfen that this is a sizable forest running for several miles north and south and a few miles east. Beyond it further to the east lies a swamp and little else.

OOC: You can all camp out nearby in the small patches of trees nearby - there is a small chance you will be detected, although it would be hard in the dark. If you stay here until morning, it will be impossible to hide for very long if anyone is searching for you. You will be 'safe' in the thick forest to the east, but you might miss out if anything interesting should happen here. Hmm...

Meta-comment - I beleve I am going to shorten part II (this adventure thread) and jump right on to part III - more on this later. Depends on how well Joshua does with the teleportation stone in the morning. :)

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek agreed, they could easily break camp before first light.

To that end, Rellek will find a defensible position and suggest a watch rota to which he offers to go first.

Remove ads