Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Night
Round 0

Morgrym moved to the girl, kneeling beside her and cradling her in his arms. “Aye, lass. Time t’ wake up noo.” He fed her a bit of the strong whiskey from his flask and some water from his skin.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 55/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Barkskin 496r (AC 19/13/16)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy*, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

The dwarven lass accepts Morgrym's help, the whiskey helping the blood flow through her face again.

After Marius' offer, the thing seems to consider the options. Without further observations, the mass agitates itself towards the monk. The wood pavement rumbles a bit as a tendril rises, seeking out the monk's body. After that, the colloidal mass slowly covers the skin, creating an allergic feeling all over his body. A low glimmer comes from Marius' skin, the spirits that once held towards him still intent in protecting their liberator. As they realize Marius' intent, they rest once more, vigilant, a thousand flowing eyes shining upon the monk's body and underneath the advancing colorless mass. Soon, the ooze reaches his face, covering the eyes and the nose. After that, everything goes dark, and it feels as if Marius is swallowing water, drowning in a strange, cold and vibrant sea. His body throbs with a light burning sensation, and soon the mass seems capable of controlling his members, even if with difficulty. It seems to learn and adapt as it merges with the body. Suddenly, before everyone else's eyes, the spirits agitate themselves once more, their images twisting over Marius' skin. The souls, once imprisoned in forgotten statues beneath Maran, course through him, seeking to lodge themselves within his own body. They wish to claim control of the monk against the oozes! The souls are dragged through his gaping mouth, and his body twitches around, feeling the conflict that ensues!

Marius is aware of what happens within. He can't control his body, but his conscience still works normally. He feels he can fight for control against the contending forces. But when his mind stirs towards a potential struggle, a voice reaches out for him. "Savior" - it says - "We can offer an alternative... We can inhabit the mass, if you so wish. We can control it for you. Perhaps we can grant the mass' soul a place among us... But it won't surrender easily. What say you?" - the voice awaits as the spirit army contends against the mass' control.

[Ok, if Marius wants to control everything, roll WILL against DC 16. If he wants to surrender and allow them to fight, just say the word! If he wants to wait as he agreed, once more, just say the word. You didn't think the spirit armor would have something to say about it, did you? I never forget such details, heheheh! :)]
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Used to fine control of his body, Marius finds whole experience unpleasant. When offered a way out, his discipline holds him back, he asked for this. But then again, he didn't get answers before the thing came on. "Spirits...I don't wish to hurt it. Just to maintain some control. Or to communicate and coordinate with it...could you accomplish that through your possession? If we destroy it, the rest of them might destroy us all. There may be a way to help them live among people without killing them."

He focuses on his wishes, but between the pressure of the ooze and strange feeling of disconnectedness, spirits do as they will.

Will roll: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri folds her arms, scowling, then quickly unfolds them again to keep her hands ready to cast.

"I have no idea what the right path is here," she admits to the others. "I hope he's not making a colossal mistake."

"And here I thought I am the impulsive one and the monk is studied and careful..." Hagadark looks in wonder as the monk accepts lethal ooze into himself.

OOC: waiting to see what happens, no other option

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

The reluctance displayed by the ooze is obvious. It became enticed by the very idea of flooding the monk with its "limbs", and it completely ignored most of his questions... For the time being.

Within, the dilemma unfolds. The spirits attempt to gain control of the strange mass, but they fail. The mass resents the attempt, and tries instead to hunt down the spirits within, also in vain, given their ethereal nature. The stalemate puts Marius in a tight spot: now the mass resents the control attempt. The spirits attempt to convince the mass to merge with them, and then to leave the body. Reluctantly, the mass maintains its own position, seemingly using the strength it just attained to seek accommodation within Marius' body. For a few seconds, the monk feels lost, as if the creature simply won't leave him. Slowly, though, the mass willingly offers control back to the monk. His limbs, albeit dormant, regain strength little by little. Marius still feels the mass within, begging to be supplied. Within seconds, he feels ravenous, the mass' hunger merging to his own. The voices stop, the spirits retreat to his skin and the mass keeps begging for food, begging for more. If he doesn't eat soon, he feels he'll either lose control or lose his life. It seems uncomfortable, but possible, to hold on to the ooze without being destroyed. But considering the hunger that overtakes the host, feeding should be constant. Otherwise, instincts might overtake the host, or perhaps the mass might end up destroying the host altogether.

The creature holds on to him a little longer. Fearful of the potential results, it decides to leave. It leaps out, running from his nostrils and mouth to the pavement. The mass glides slowly, returning to the midst of the ooze zombies, and remains there as the monk recovers from the strange fusion. He feels weaker, as if the mass had taken part of his like with it, despite its best efforts not to do it. Perhaps it lingered too long or gave too much to face the spirits... [Marius takes 9 points of damage].

"That is how it happens." - it says. "You are surrounded. We are surrounded. This is risk for both. We can take the weak. We can offer our body. But we must eat. Where should we go?" - it asks, more docile now than before.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Wiping the blood dripping from his nose into a rag and coughing up wad of blood from his lungs, Marius shakes his head.
"Hosting you is demanding. If you feel the hunger all the time, how can you survive at rest? Anyhow, my idea of eating to replenish you cannot hold. You would need the food with much more energy. Honey, dense meat, maybe concentrated milk or strong cheese. You might be able to survive in a regenerating host such as troll or hydra. But you'd become bestial by your own words. If you give me some time to consult with my companions?"

If they don't give them time, he simply changes to draconic language.
"Once they're inside it is possible to fight them off, but hard to control them. Their primary feeling is hunger and if you cannot provide, instinct takes over. And the body of the host is consumed in time since the hunger is constant. I think we will have to leave them here as-is until we find volunteers or we introduce them to Dram and let him experiment. This last one should be last option, he is not a good man. But maybe it can be offered in exchange for his knowledge? I'm not happy with choosing between two evils, but I don't see the way out of this one. Maybe one of you? Hagadark, you mentioned there could be volunteers? But if they give in to hunger and their natural tendencies it could go very bad for the races if they posses some bloodhungry warlord. On the other hand, it would be short reign and maybe even oozes could mellow the host somewhat?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Night
Round 0

Morgrym considered Marius’ words after watching the struggle with the disgusting ooze. They really should just kill them.

“Hunger? Well, if we wait until t’morrow I c’n prepare a spell tha’ moight ‘elp.” He kept himself between the ooze zombies and the dwarven lass.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 55/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Barkskin 497r (AC 19/13/16)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy*, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

The creature seems devoid of attention at the moment. It seemed to answer to the heroes' request for privacy. Falling silent, it allows the ooze zombies to shamble around in search of food. Opening barrels and visiting adjacent rooms seems to be the solution to the momentary problem. Apparently, the thing decided to postpone the hosts' deaths as much as possible - a peculiar behavioral pattern to a beast such as this, but as it goes Marius' words might have caused an effect, after all...

"We trust them enough to rest here? I'd rather be outside, Ariana awaits with the rest of the girls." Hagadark looks at Marius, still not sure what the hell was he thinking!? But then again, he didn't know about any spirits that would help?

"What's the story with spirits protecting you, monk? I'm used to talking to spirits or being talked to by spirits, but I would never allow one, and worse many, inside. Trust me, not really a good idea."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases