Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

CharlotteOz

Explorer
The mutated Alice beelines for one of the nearest healers, intent on doing something unpleasant with whatever holy symbols or sprigs of holly she wound up getting ahold of. Long, serpentine arms distracted her target as she struck with a still expertly formed fencer's lunge. Her grumbling laughter upon striking true was far more disturbing that the cultured affectation that she typically held.

Alice rapier attacks (assuming a full attack and studied combat.): 1D20+18+6 = [17]+18+6 = 41
1D6+8+6 = [5]+8+6 = 19
1D20+13+6 = [19]+13+6 = 38
1D6+8+6 = [5]+8+6 = 19

Roll to confirm critical: 1D20+13+6 = [18]+13+6 = 37
1D6+8 = [3]+8 = 11

Archon Basileus

First Post
Guys, had to delay everything for a series of reasons - the main of which being the lack of a place to work in the last week. I've finished reordering the place, though, and I'll update everything tomorrow (my day off, hopefully!) Please, spread the word to the other games as well.

Later!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Guys, had to delay everything for a series of reasons - the main of which being the lack of a place to work in the last week. I've finished reordering the place, though, and I'll update everything tomorrow (my day off, hopefully!) Please, spread the word to the other games as well.

Later!

Day off was less off than you hoped? :D

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Waaay less, man... As I mentioned to @Neurotic, I assumed a bunch of unexpected responsibilities back at my job. After two layoffs, we had to double up to cover for the absent. Sorry for that. I'm returning and I'm bringing in a proper schedule now! As for the scene, I'm wrapping it up, so we can focus on proper strategic game! Please, give me a shout, so I know you're out there, guys! No more slow-downs! We're back and we're the real deal now! Without further ado, let's continue!]

[Quick summary: the heroes were called to Alesia to investigate a mysterious plague. After questioning the locals briefly, they were surprised by a sudden Drow attack, coming from the western caves. Now, they deliver the final blow to the careless army, as their might descends upon the invaders...]

EVERYONE

Confused and panicked, the drow fight against each other. Those who escaped the worst of the heroes' spells run away from the battle, seeking refuge within the caves once more! Zyara, Alice, Arduniel, the Batknight, Moss, Aranel and Daxio manage to bring many more down as they flee for their lives! Alesian warriors move forward, encouraged by the victory granted by the heroes, their cries invigorated by the very names of their saviors!

Behind them, the fields still rise smoke from the dying rain of fire... The bodies of many an enemy cover the floor, as well as thick, black blood. The heroes glance at each other, the battle won with little effort, thanks to their combined powers.

The sounds of battle flow towards the mountains and into the black recesses of the caves in the basin. The fields are bruised by the conflict, but silence begins to settle once more.

Their rest is short-lived, though. From the height of the mountains, a flying formation comes down, detached from those that followed west, moments before. Seven knights, clad in black and riding fiery nightmares, cry out as they reach the floor, riding at full speed against the heroes! Behind them, the Drow run from the alesian forces, ignoring the recent arrivals. Heroes and knights are alone in the fields, each group facing the other. Fiery weapons are brandished by the attackers. At the far left and far right of their lines, a horn is blown and a banner flies proudly. Jousting lances risen, they're soon to be brought down against the heroes, should they allow. The nightmares barely touch the floor, making the charge eerily silent. They could leap upwards in flight at any moment!

"YOU! YOU ARE THE ONES WE HOPED FOR! YOU ARE WORTHY OF OUR PROWESS! FACE US, SO VICTORY IN HONORED COMBAT GRANTS GLORY TO THE VICTOR!"
- cries the knight in the center.

MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l8d4JfuERBlwxOyxyeHt2aMphSnGFqDDH64Exv6yQ88/edit

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Charlotte of Oz @MetaVoid @Kaodi @jmucchiello [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

Kaodi

Hero
"In all of my encounters with the drow," answers the Bat, pointing at the knight in the centre with his bloody black sword, "I cannot say 'honour' is a word that ever came much to mind."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 4

Daxio sighed as the knights on nightmares raced toward them. He started going through the spells he still had available. “Really? After we just wiped the valley with your army?” He sighed dramatically.

Initiative: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 5/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions: Detect Magic (108 r), Message (1191 r), Fly (115 r)(60’), Greater Invisibility (8 r)

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (7/7, prep 5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (6/6, prep 5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (5/6, prep 4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (3/6, prep 3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (6/6, prep 2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (1/3, prep 1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
At the sound of hoofbeats, even faint, Aranel turns to see this new threat. A formation of nightmares bearing drow champions.

"The monologue almost makes me want not to face them, just to spite them," she sighs. "Almost."

With an incantation she summons a pulsing sphere of fire and light between her palms, keeping it trapped in a tiny vortex of wind that whips at her clothes and jewelry.

(Are we rerolling initiative, or keeping our counts from before? Well, just to be safe: [roll0])
(On her turn Aranel will cast Empowered Fireball at the center of the drow formation, or if they've moved before she casts, at a spot where she can hit as many as possible without hitting allies. The spell has a Reflex save at DC 22 for half, doing [roll1] +50% base damage.)

Remove ads