Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

Kaodi

Hero
Batknight is naturally suspicious of the disappearance of the two weapons. His magical vision does not seem to indicate anything amiss with the prisoners, but it had been foiled before. The danger may not have passed. Given the chance he whispers to the the mages, "If you have a spell to discern the unseen I might suggest using it. Something is not adding up. Literally." But he has his own tricks as well. Simply by closing his eyes from time to time after taking note of his surroundings his other carefully honed senses will take over and perhaps give him a hint at something out of place.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Alice shakes the satyr's hand, nodding at her fellow cloven-hooved, horned compatriot. Then she filled him in, with her eye for details and keen memory, exactly what had transpired.

Arduniel helps the wounded as he is able, recalling true forms of unwounded bodies. But he remains focused on the task at hand.

"We should confront the priestess immediately. And try not to let these knights hear or see anything they can use against us. And don't get them near sensitive areas, in case they can be used as teleport targets."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 0

“I have searched them for magic,” Daxio told the Batknight. “You think the weapons are invisible?” Daxio cast another spell that would allow him to see the invisible and looked around again.

OOC: Cast See Invisibility

Daxio followed the rest back to where Goliath and the Green Knight captain were clearing up their area of the city. He noted Goliath’s interest in the women of the group and smiled, not at all about to block his old friend’s attempts at conquest.

“So the priestess schemed her way into getting us to do her dirty fighting for her, after she possibly stole some sacred text from these drow,” he told Goliath. “So what do we do with these prisoners if we can’t leave them with the good captain?” he asked others.

[sblock=Ministats]
Conditions: Detect Magic (96 r), Message (1179 r), Fly (103 r)(60’); Sickened (-2 everything)(54r); See Invisibility (1200 r)

HP: 84/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 3/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (6/7, prep 5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (5/6, prep 5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (5/6, prep 4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (3/6, prep 3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (6/6, prep 2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (0/3, prep 1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Moss helps kill more of the invaders and takes some time to notice the details of the surrounding area.

Archon Basileus

First Post
BATKNIGHT/DAXIO - AT THE BATTLEFIELD

Investigating the weapons' disappearance leads to a simple conclusion: someone else roamed the battlefield. At first, it's not easy to figure this out. Batknight searches around for clues, but the amount of blood, footprints and scorched land makes the task nearly impossible. Nonetheless, he remembers the tales of the Autumn Knights, and this is enough to warrant a deeper search. He remembered that the Knights were sometimes followed by unseen spirits called Specters. They would protect the knights as they advanced, communicate with them and shield them from harm.

At the edge of the battlefield, he is able to find extra footprints, no doubt made by light Drow boots as a Specter moved through the field.

After Batknight's warnings, Daxio employs his own devices to search the area. He doesn't find the weapons. Instead, his discovery is way more startling: at the opposite edge of the field, a strange, faint silhouette moves around, spying the group. As Daxio sees it, the entity vanishes, as if it had never been there. It carried no weapons, but it might explain how the pieces vanished.

[Ok, Daxio can roll perception to gain more insight on what the thing was. He can also pursue his discovery further, if he so wishes. Same goes for Batknight.]

ALICE

"My, my..." - the satyr takes her hand ceremoniously, exchanging a complicity glance with Daxio. "Beautiful and intelligent... I have heard of your kind's... Many talents, but I hadn't realized they could all be found in a single person..." - he smiles suggestively.

"I can see the winds turn in our favor... We held the tower and the Isles, but not everything could be saved. They knew what they were doing, clearly. And they were well-informed... To a degree..." - he pauses for a moment, looking around, and then continues. "In the Isles, the many scrolls housing the prophecies in which you yourselves figure as protagonists were destroyed. Inside job as we were attacked, I believe. Oddly enough, several statues were ravaged as well. And, at the tower, the copies of the prophecies were either taken or destroyed by our very enemies. There were... Other losses, but only the mages would know about it."

Assessing the situation makes Alice curious. As she tells the story of their confrontation, she realizes how ill-conceived this attack was. Insufficient men, almost as if they didn't know what they were about to face - something quite uncommon for the Drow.

ARDUNIEL

Goliath glances at Arduniel in silence. Whenever they met, the satyr always showed a deep respect for the elf's opinions and decisions. Finally, he chooses to speak, sporting a controlled, serious tone unnatural to him.

"Right now, all main areas are affected. We could take them to the Causeway or the encampment. Surely they'd be secured by the Firbolg. Boy, are they pissed..."

Arduniel knows everything to be true. But he also knows Thanes a bit better than Goliath's letting out to everyone. Thanes' interests go way beyond renown theft. He might even sell the knights for a good price. His ambitions make him terribly unreliable - even more unreliable then the rest of the alessians. Considering the accusations flying around against the Priestess, it's obvious why she never corrected Thanes, or took his position from him...

Arduniel imagines that the tavern or the camp would be the two safest places to keep important prisoners right now. Preferably around Firbolg and pixies. No one can fool them or best them in combat, when their numbers grow.

"The Priestess was at the castle ruins, I think... It was the safest place, after she warded the entire area."

DAXIO

Goliath smiles. No matter how inconstant each of them might be, they could rely on each other's friendship. Thanes looks annoyed, at least, turning his back and commanding his men to send the prisoners out, towards the castle.

"Thanks for the trust. I believe Arduniel would agree that the camp or the tavern are the places to leave them now. I'd give them some mead as well. They're... Are they noble? I don't know, I don't... really care for these things..." - suddenly his eyes fall on the woman knight. This time, though, it doesn't seem very flirtatious.

MOSS

Moss hunts the stragglers with elegance and ease. He manages to bring five down as they flee to the south; three more before they can reach the wall and the swamps to the north; a couple at the Hills of War. Everywhere, Moss realizes how messy the situation really is. Even though the forces focused on their eastern attack, the area lacks any solid barriers or frontiers. More might be hidden - after all, it's in their nature to act in secrecy. The very nature of the situation confuses Moss. why would they waste their forces in such a disastrous attack?

After the task is done, the conflicts die out. Here and there, the hash consequences of the battle still mark the horizon. Suddenly, the encampment's met with a commotion. The dragon sees it from the distance: someone got caught and is taken to a central hub amidst the tents - probably to be harshly dealt with. A line of Green Knights returns from the caves, riding West at full speed. At the top of the Spiral Tower, a group of gryphon riders dives towards North.

@KahlessNestor @Charlotte of Oz @MetaVoid @Shayuri @Kaodi @Neurotic

ALESSIA MAP

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...bytTJV_v4/edit

AREA MAP

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...I4iFKlwNU/edit

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 0

Perception: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Still feeling ill from the noxious cloud that had been around the Autumn Knights, Daxio squinted, an arm across his protesting stomach as he tried to study the figure he saw at the edge of the field, but then it was gone.

“There was something, over there,” Daxio pointed. “I couldn’t make out what it was, and it’s disappeared now.”

“I would think the tavern might be safer,” Daxio suggested. “We could lock them in the cellar.”

[sblock=Ministats]
Conditions: Detect Magic (95 r), Message (1178 r), Fly (102 r)(60’); Sickened (-2 everything)(53r); See Invisibility (1199 r)

HP: 84/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 3/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (6/7, prep 5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (5/6, prep 5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (5/6, prep 4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (3/6, prep 3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (6/6, prep 2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (0/3, prep 1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases