• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
Erevan's keen elven eyes are able to pierce the gloom of the chamber. (It's definitely dimly lit in here at best). He spots a spring loaded needle inside the keyhole.

OOC: I dont have the book with me right now...DC 13 sounds reasonable for spotting a trap

Uller

Adventurer
The drow in the webs struggles to break free, he fails and looks on in horror as three spiders start closing in on him.

rolls: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-Dice-Thread&p=6804965&viewfull=1#post6804965

The drow on the ledge begins backing away from Derendil. The quaggoth initially begins to follow but then hears Orsik calling for him to get back to the tower and then he see's Eldeth emerge, shortsword in hand howling for revenge. He let's the drow go. The drow backs around the corner as well and now the only drow any of you can see is the one in the webs.

The three spiders begin attacking the drow in the webs as he begs his companions not to abandon him. He is quickly bitten, screams a few seconds and goes silent. The largest of the spiders begins wrapping him in her webs.

rolls: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-Dice-Thread&p=6804970&viewfull=1#post6804970

Derendil turns and runs toward the tower as Eldeth runs out toward the fleeing drow. He reaches down and scoops up the dwarf scout and despite her prostestions and howls of anger drags her back into the tower. Sarith moves forward to close the door but before he can (or maybe he hesitated just a moment). Evandur, shaking off his melancholy bolts out the door, runs to the end of the bridge and leaps down into the webs, shortsword in hand. He lands on Ront's body and momentarily gets stuck but twists to break free and begins hacking at the webs but his sword bounces off harmlessly. Several spiders take notice. Sarith closes and bars the door...Buppido laughs "all part of the plan..."

roll: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-Dice-Thread&p=6804984&viewfull=1#post6804984

Eldeth spits in Derendil's eye and begins uttering threats and obscenities toward the drow in dwarvish.

OOC: @itcomeswithamap Surana is up. She can no longer see any drow but can see Evandur, Ront and the spiders. Orsik can reload the crossbow if she needs

Uller

Adventurer
The crossbow bolt slams into the spider and passes completely through. It's carapace is no match for the heavy dart (like a sabot round fired into a modern tank!). It turns and starts biting at the wound. Two others are still closing on the paladin as he furiously hacks at the web.
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6801331]DMAesh[/MENTION]: Erevan and Ezraen: it's to you in Ilvara's tower. Ezraen has spotted various spell foci from current and former captives under the Lolth idol. Erevan has spotted a needle trap in the chest. You are relying on dim light from outside the tower. The chamber above is completely dark. You can hear the two remaining drow talking as they retreat and the demons as they fly about the cavern hunting each other.

DMAesh

Explorer
Saying a quick prayer to Lathander, Ezraen snatches up the holy symbols. "'Van, how are things going? I got the symbols, let's go before we draw any more attention."

Thank the Lord of Dawns that we can see here. I think the humans would have had hells of a time!

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Erevan hesitates for a moment before replying, "Well, I found this chest which I bet contains some useful stuff. It's trapped, however."

OOC: Can the chest be moved without setting off the trap? And if so, would it be possible to 'aim' the trap needle towards an enemy if we, say, run out of the tower with the chest as a makeshift shield?

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
OOC: Can the chest be moved without setting off the trap? And if so, would it be possible to 'aim' the trap needle towards an enemy if we, say, run out of the tower with the chest as a makeshift shield?

It's just a spring needle trap set to prick your finger if you try to open the lock without the key. It doesn't look like it shoots out. It just sticks out to scratch you. A standard disable traps check would disable it but it requires thieves' tools and looks like it is pretty well made. Without proper tools it will be made with disadvantage. Your thieves tools are in the guard tower with all your other gear if you haven't picked that up yet (which I don't think you have but could have missed/forgotten that you did).

The chest is the sort one would keep blankets or garments in and not particularly easily carried. Two characters could carry it together. One character would be slowed to half speed since it's cumbersome.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: I guess Erevan will have to try and open the chest at a later moment, then. Onwards to our stuff! :)

Erevan sighs. "I'll need at least some tools to open this and avoid the trap. We'd better see if anything useful can be found in this tower before I attempt to open this chest."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads