D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Glabbagool!"

Erevans voice is filled with worry and edged with panic. The elf helps out any who climb up, but is obviously hoping the strange cube can come along.

"Can't anyone, I don't know, magic him up?"

DMAesh

Explorer
Ezraen looks torn, Stay hidden, perhaps you can float up when the water fills the room... Do you think that might work?

He spares a glance at the black oozes then grasps the rope and begins the climb.

Glabbagool, we will wait for you.

DMAesh

Explorer
Once Ezraen gets up top, and sees Erevan's hysterics he puts his hand on the elf's shoulder, I am not sure we can... maybe the water level will let him make it up, but that also may allow those oozes up above as well!

Uller

Adventurer
Eldeth shakes her head "Those black things can climb. They will get out regardless. They look like they are trying to escape the water."

Sarith adds "Whatever time we gained on our pursuers is being squandered. We should get out of here."

OOC: Is Ezraen still in the cave or is he climbing out?

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: Ez is up-top. He's trying to reassure Erevan. I am torn... I REALLY want a gelatinous cube in our party, but Sarith is right, we are likely still being tracked.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"We can't just leave him," Erevan says to Ezraen, although he sounds more resigned than before. "Are there any drops left of the potion? Can we make a ramp of some sort? Anything?"

The elf looks down the opening with sadness, as the inevitable fate of Glabbagool starts sinking in. "I just wish..."

A tear runs down the noble elf's cheek, and he turns away, walking a few steps in silence.

OOC: Yeah, me too, but I can't figure out how to get him out. Seems impossible, so unless anyone has any brilliant last-minute ideas, I guess we say our goodbyes.

DMAesh

Explorer
I know, brother. I know... Ezraen looks at each of the other survivors in our little ragtag band.

OOC: What is around us? Pillars? Anything that might survive his acidic nature?

Uller

Adventurer
I know, brother. I know... Ezraen looks at each of the other survivors in our little ragtag band.

OOC: What is around us? Pillars? Anything that might survive his acidic nature?

Nothing but crumbled rock. Glabbagool says "Fairwell. I will be all right" and then disappears into the shadows of the cave, leaving a rippling wake behind.

DMAesh

Explorer
May Lathander deem us worthy to cross paths again someday... Ezraen whispers, hoping that Glabbagool can hear him.

Then then with a deep breath, stands and addresses the others, Let us check the Kuo-toa camp and see if we can salvage some supplies and a boat to get us to Gracklestugh or Blingdenstone.

OOC: What does our NPC roster look like right now?

Remove ads