D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: forgot adv

adv [roll0]

...weird...double post....

Sarith's bolt just grazes the thing.

The strange tentacle creature is badly hurt, it reaches for the falling dwarf but then appears to realize this meal is not worth the trouble and instead floats back behind the rock outcropping.

It is now about 30' away and behind 3/4s cover (so it's AC is 17) but is still affected by faerie fire.

Last edited:

Uller

Adventurer
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] Erevan is up. The tentacle creature is now well behind the rock outcropping trying to hide and will probably flee next round. Derendil and Eldeth are both in the water. It is a DC 13 to lift another creature out of the water. DC 15 to lift Derendil out or someone can help and give them adv on their DC 10 check...

Shuushar is going to aid one of them. Your boat is still about 30' away...maneuvering to help does have some risks (like running over one of the characters in the water)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Help them!" Erevan shouts to the other boats. Realizing some predators return after their prey think they fled, the elf decides to shoot another arrow at the tentacled monster.

OOC: Attack: [roll0]
Advantage: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Sneak attack: [roll3]

Edit: Ha! Natural 20. Double damage. Roll again, or just double my current rolls?

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: @JustinCase, it it max damage plus one of your dice rolled again (your choice which one.)
[MENTION=413]Uller[/MENTION], I noticed that there was no resolution to my action. Did my attack hit? Was there a response? Just curious, because it seemed like you just glossed it over, so I was a little confused.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Just checked in the PBH, and it says to roll all damage dice twice (including sneak attack!) and then add normal modifiers.
So here's more damage: [roll0] and [roll1] :)

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
It's your choice for crits: Double the dice or max dice + 1 damage die. The former is more swingy and potentially more damaging. The latter is less swingy and guarantees good damage. Your 1d8+2d6+3 damage can be as low as 6 or as high as 43 (ave 24.5) with the by the book method. With the house rule it ranges from 24-31 (ave 27.5). I prefer the latter because doing 10 damage on a crit from a rogue or paladin sucks. Of course, doing 40+ damage is awesome...but I prefer the more sure thing.
[MENTION=6801331]DMAesh[/MENTION], Sorry, I think I typed up the response to your actions but got distracted and didn't submit it. I'm pretty sure I counted the damage though. Either way it would have still be alive by Erevan's turn. Erevan's crit was unnecessary to kill it...so we'll make the crit be a boon of a different sort...

Remove ads