[IC] Wandering Star : Heroes of the Middle Reaches (Part One)

helium3

First Post
With a shudder, Petra again attempts to channel his vitality into the amulet around his neck. He succeeds. A brightly flickering aura of lush greens and shimmering golds surrounds all four amulet wearers, starting from their linked hands and spreading outwards. All four feel the same strange pulling sensation from the amulet they wear. It is neither painful nor burdensome, merely insistent in some inexplicable way.

[sblock=OOC]Now that the amulets have been activated, maintaining the link will be easier. The Endurance check DC's for the amulets drop to 10.[/sblock]
Smiling at the success of his companions, Pieter begins the 3rd stanza of the incantation again.

[sblock=OOC]Aid checks from Ranver, Varilar and Jorje, please.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Jorje without speaking a word, Jorje concentrates. He knows now, how to channel this magic.

[sblock=OOC]
arcana aid check (1d20+11=24)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Jorje
Perception: 12 Insight: 17 Normal Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 6 / 8
Encounter Powers: Grasping Shadows
Daily Powers: Phantom Chasm

[/sblock][/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Focus returned, Varilar manages to match arcane word to symbol this time. I hope this is over soon, he thinks to himself.

[sblock=ooc] Aid other12[/sblock]

helium3

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I went ahead and rolled Ranver's aid check for Sparky. The result was 25. Nothing like rolling a natural 20 for a player.[/sblock]
With the help of his three assistants, Pieter is able to complete the third stanza successfully. His tongue still trips over some of the more convoluted syllables, but it is good enough.

The shadows cast by his gestures around the glowing master orb take on a palpable weight. The shark's tooth becomes a strange gestalt of both tooth and feather, smooth white bone on the one hand and golden feather on the other. This object that is both tooth and feather is most curious indeed.

[sblock=OOC]Endurance checks from the amulet wearers, please.[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Charlie winced. "I wish this was over" she muttered through clenched teeth. But surorisingly the latest incantation did not bring the expected pang of pain.

[sblock=OOC]Save 10: Roll Lookup [/sblock]

helium3

First Post
To which Petra replies, "I do too. This isn't easy for an old man such as myself." He grimaces briefly as the glow outlining him fades for a moment and then renews. He looks at Charlotte and then at Zarathas and Horto, noting that the aura around them is now much dimmer. "I find it interesting that the old man and the little hafling are having an easier time of this than our big hulking friends."

His voice ringing strangely through air that is now heavy with a diffuse sense of constraint, Pieter begins the fourth and final stanza of the ritual. He stands erect, staring at the relic like a man crazed while gesturing forcefully at it with the Master Orb.

"SAETHA CHYNEAUA ANNWYD HALLTA DARANU!!"

[sblock=OOC]Aid checks from the orb holders, please.[/sblock]

Sparky

Ranver rides the wave of focus, his mind is sharp, quick, focused. His priestly discipline serves him well. He chastises the others mentally for the slipping of their attention and their complaints, At the Temple, we woiuld meditate for hours on a single word from--

The young priest suddenly darts the orb in his hands at the symbol in his quadrant - too late! He barks an unseemly oath. One of Horto's or Charlotte's, for certain.

His mentor's voice chides him in memory, Pride is arrogance perfumed, Novice Swilch. She'd caught him gloating wordlessly at his successes in the face of his peers' failures.

His cheeks flame with embarassment. His brow furrows angrily and he avoids meeting anyone's eyes, instead, staring intently at the floor and the arcane symbols.

[sblock=ooc]Apologies for missing the last round of rolls.

Aid Arcana: 9[/sblock]

Remove ads