Pathfinder 1E [IC] Way of the Wicked

G

Guest 11456

Working together the group tries to hide all of their contraband (dagger, thieves tools, dagger, sack and veil). At first each individual was going to hide what they had pulled from the veil, but both Silhouette and Armides agreed that the sack would best be hidden behind Skalis. Next they went about making it look like they were all still manacled and chained. Finally Armides grabbed the second dagger from the veil and hid it for easy access. Then it was time to wait...

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, the door to the cell block openned and the two guards started their patrol. As they walked in front of your cell, Armides began his act of assaulting Skalis. The guard with the horn smiles and turns to the other one. He trades the signal horn for the keys. Both guards are smiling. The one with the keys opens the door and walks in club out ready to beat the prisoners into submission. The one with the horn remains near the cell door.

Init Order:
19 = Armides Diat
16 = Skalis Vordahl
15 = Asseni d'Vrago
10 = Sihouette

I need bluff rolls from Skalis and Sihouette. I already have one from Armides. I also need the target of Sihouette's spell, Shayuri.

OOC: Shayuri assume that both guards are within range of your spell.

[sblock=Map] Round_0.jpg[/sblock]

S = Silhouette
D = Armides Diat
V = Skalis Vordahl
d = Asseni d'Vrago
G = Guard
H = Guard with horn

Red double lines are doors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piston Honda

First Post
As Diat begins his tirade, Vordahl begins shouting loudly.

“Guards! We’re going to need Diat’s corpse removed shortly!”

The monster makes increasingly violent threats anticipating the guards getting close enough. He tries to keep the dagger in hand concealed among the manacles.

[sblock=Bluff]Check = 13[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
As the other two fight and bluster, Silhouette twists away as well as her 'manacles' permit. Only a sharp eye would detect that the metal clasps are not latched...just loosely closed around her wrists. Her performance of fear and helplessness is utterly convincing, even as she moans and whimpers, "No no no, stopitstopit...they'll come...they'll hurt again..."

The words then slurred together, becoming an unintelligble babble. In her struggling, her hands twisted and tugged...and her fingers flexed into quick sutras inbetween meaningless flops.

A trained wizard would have spotted the words of power hidden amongst the garbage, if he'd been listening closely to pick the words out over the yelling. If he'd been watching her hands carefully. He might have had a warning about what was happening, and what spell was about to be cast.

A wizard could have warned them.

What a pity.

As the guard got close, Silhouette suddenly flopped the other way, towards him, and her head came up to meet his eyes directly...his bloodshot brown, to her clear, honey-like amber. Magic twisted and rippled, and for a moment, all he could see was those eyes. They were his world, his life.

"This won't seem to make much sense," she said in a whisper for his ears, "But you have to trust me. The prison has been compromised. You have to get that horn away from him before it's too late. Nothing you will ever do will be as important as that. Get it, don't let him blow it, and I will explain everything." Her eyes shifted to the other prisoners and she added, "And don't interfere with the others...they are with me."

[sblock=Action]Bluff check is 29... I know you don't require a link, but because there's a kind of fun in showing off a good roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4383149/ :D

She casts Charm Person on the guard coming in once he's close, and between her and the other guard. She's trying not to be overheard by the one with the horn in giving her instruction.

Will DC to resist the spell is 19.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Surprise Round - Mark One

Working together the group tries to hide all of their contraband (dagger, thieves tools, dagger, sack and veil). At first each individual was going to hide what they had pulled from the veil, but both Silhouette and Armides agreed that the sack would best be hidden behind Skalis. Next they went about making it look like they were all still manacled and chained. Once everyone is ready Armides will take the second dagger and use a strip of his rags to tie it and hide it within his rags. He hopes it won't show too much and will allow him easy access when the fight breaks out. Then it was time to wait...

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, the door to the cell block openned and the two guards started their patrol. As they walked in front of your cell, Armides makes sure to get a nod from the others that they are ready to go before he starts off with their deception to lure the guards into the cell. Armides lunges at Vordahl making sure he holds fast to the chains so he doesn't move too far. He yells incoherent curses at the big man promising unpleasant death many times over. The guard with the horn smiles and turns to the other one. You hear him say, “It’s my turn!” He trades the signal horn for the keys. Both guards are smiling as if anticipating the beating to come. It appears that they really enjoy their work, if a bit too much. The one with the keys opens the door and walks in, club out, ready to beat the prisoners into submission. The one with the horn remains near the cell door. As Armides begins his tirade, Vordahl begins shouting loudly. “Guards! We’re going to need Diat’s corpse removed shortly!” The monster makes increasingly violent threats anticipating the guards getting close enough. He tries to keep the dagger in hand concealed among the manacles. Asseni delays to see if Sihouette’s spell works. As the other two fight and bluster, Silhouette twists away as well as her 'manacles' permit. Only a sharp eye would detect that the metal clasps are not latched...just loosely closed around her wrists. Her performance of fear and helplessness is utterly convincing, even as she moans and whimpers, "No no no, stopitstopit...they'll come...they'll hurt again..." The words then slurred together, becoming an unintelligble babble. In her struggling, her hands twisted and tugged...and her fingers flexed into quick sutras in between meaningless flops. As the guard got close, Silhouette suddenly flopped the other way, towards him, and her head came up to meet his eyes directly...his bloodshot brown, to her clear, honey-like amber. Magic twisted and rippled, and for a moment, all he could see was those eyes. They were his world, his life. "This won't seem to make much sense," she said in a whisper for his ears, "But you have to trust me. The prison has been compromised. You have to get that horn away from him before it's too late. Nothing you will ever do will be as important as that. Get it, don't let him blow it, and I will explain everything." Her eyes shifted to the other prisoners and she added, "And don't interfere with the others...they are with me."

The guard nods imperceptibly. Then he turns and walks back out to the other guard who seems surprised. “What is up?”, says the one with the horn. The apparently charmed guard replies, “I’ve decided to let you have a turn. Why should I have all the fun?” “OK!”, says the one with the horn, “Your loss.” They trade horn and keys, and the new guard with the keys heads into the cell. Just as he has gotten into the cell and pulled out his club, the other guard drops the horn to the floor and begins stomping on it. This distracts the guard in the cell as he turns to see the commotion and retorts, “What are you doing? Are you crazy?”

G

Guest 11456

Surprise Round - Mark Two

We will keep the same initiative rolls. The guard in the cell is currently facing toward the other guard.

Init Order:
19 = Armides Diat
16 = Skalis Vordahl
15 = Asseni d'Vrago
10 = Sihouette

[sblock=Map]View attachment 60401[/sblock]

S = Silhouette
D = Armides Diat
V = Skalis Vordahl
d = Asseni d'Vrago
G = Guard
H = Charmed Guard

Red double lines are doors.

Actions?

Guard's Flatfooted AC is 14.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Armides Diat, human Inquisitor

[section]
Armides slips his hand from the manacle and goes to draw the dagger from its concealed location in his rags. Unfortunately he has hidden and secured it too well and it takes him longer to withdraw it from the tangle of rags than expected. He curses his own stupidity. Thankfully, the Red Glaive is on his side this time and can cover for his fumble.
[/section]
[sblock=Actions/OOC]Standard: draw concealed weapon.[/sblock]

. . Armides Diat . .

Piston Honda

First Post
Vordahl looks down upon the guard, briefly eyeing his club. His expression vacant.

"Killing starts."

He lets go of the manacles, bringing the dagger in hand downward plunging the weapon into the guard's upper back.

[sblock=Action]To hit = 21; Damage = 7[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Asseni, Tiefling Priest

Seeing that his spell is no longer needed, Asseni readies his chain to swing it like a club. His other hand firmly grips the holy symbol.

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette lets her hands slip away from the manacles that had been loosely draped around her wrists and steps away from the combat. She watches Vordahl work, preparing to cast a spell should he fail to finish the guard with that one devastating blow.

(Shift away from melee and delay action to cast Ray of Frost if the guard survives the attacks.)

Remove ads