Pathfinder 1E [IC] Way of the Wicked

G

Guest 11456

Searching the entire floor you find two heavy steel shields, two longbows and 40 arrows in two quivers in the guardroom (17) near the door to the cellblock. The Interrogation Room (20), where Armides received his 'guest' has nothing of interest other then a single stout wooden table and four chairs. Testing the ring of keys you determine that five of the keys do indeed fit your cell door and the other four regular cell doors (18a-18e). Another one fits the door between the guardroom and the cell block. The remaining key must be for the reinforced stone cell where you now know a dangerous ogre is imprisoned. At least that is how the guard described it. The individual keys are smaller and Armides seems to think they are for a chest or desk.

[sblock=Map] PrisonLevel.jpg[/sblock]

Piston Honda

First Post
Vordahl brings the findings near the map. Claiming one of the shields for himself.

"We need to move soon. There is a sword here, a pair of clubs, two long bows and arrows, another shield. Everyone needs to have something should their magic fail. And the ogre, I say let him out if anyone thinks we can control him."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Armides Diat, human Inquisitor

[section]
Armides quickly strips off the filthy rags and uses a bit of the guard's clothing, where it isn't stained by blood, to clean himself up a little before putting on a suit of the clothes from the bag. Though still not clean and certainly not fresh smelling he looks much closer to normal and not like a prisoner.

"Perhaps it will be enough to cause the guard to hesitate should we run into any more of them."

Armides is very excited when they find the bows in the guardroom. He takes a bow and tests its string nodding as if it meets his specifications. He also takes half the arrows, or all of them if no one else is interested in using a bow. He'll give up one of the two daggers he was holding if someone else expresses interest in it. Once better equiped he turns to his companions.

"The question now facing us is what do we do next? We can leave Grumblejack where he is and try to sneak out only dealing with guards as we need to or we can release the ogre and try to use him as a distraction as we escape. There are, of course, subtle variations on the theme. Those two options propose we leave as quickly as possible but I must confess: I would dearly like a little bit of payback. Disrupting the functioning of the prison would do a lot to inject a little joy back into my life."
[/section]

. . Armides Diat . .

Walking Dad

First Post
Asseni, Tiefling Priest

Asseni claims the second shield for himself.
"I currently lack any magic to bring a rampaging ogre under control. If we cannot communicate with him a bargain before setting him free, I doubt it is worth the risk."

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette considers that and nods. She goes to the heavy iron door of the reinforced cell and raps her knuckles against it.

"Grumblejack?" she calls in. "Do you hear me? I'm not a guard. I'm someone who wants out of here. Would you like to escape as well?"

G

Guest 11456

Grumblejack the Ogre

A large hulking figure comes to the door. “Grumblejack is ashamed at being taking prisoner by the “little ‘uns”. Grumblejack is confused why he is still alive. Grumblejack has been here for a while. The “little ‘uns” must not be too bright for keeping Grumblejack alive.” The ogre nods his large head. “Grumblejack wants to leave. Grumblejack will help you fight guards. Grumblejack loves to smash things.” He points at you, Silhouette. “Grumblejack saw you cast magic.” The ogre appears to shudder as he speaks the word ‘magic’. He appears to be about ten feet tall. He has obviously been beaten. He seems to be more articulate than your average ogre.

[sblock=Grumblejack]Grumblejack.jpg[/sblock]

Piston Honda

First Post
Hearing Diat's words, Vordahl smiles, "Then let us take our revenge. I want nothing more than to hear Blackerly scream until his lungs break. Though we may have to be hasty in our actions."

He claims the second bow and the remaining arrows, looking to his allies, offering it should they need it, he did not prefer to fight with one, but he was not unskilled with one. He looks over to Silhouette and the ogre, he was ugly, whatever that mark was it just made him uglier, but decided now was not the time to comment.

"It seems you have a way with him God-Empress. Now, let's get him out of there, so he can fight guards and smash things."

Shayuri

First Post
"Yes," Silhouette says to Grumblejack, not looking away from his eyes. "I do cast spells. I can tell you don't like that, so I will make an agreement with you. I will promise not to cast any spells on you, if you will promise not to try to smash me. That's a very small agreement, but I am a very small person, so I think it fits."

She holds up the cell door key, prepared to open his way should he agree.

"Are we agreed?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Armides Diat, human Inquisitor

[section]
A thin smile stretches across Armides' face at Vordahl's words, Grumblejack's desire to smash things, and Silhouette's bargaining with the ogre.

"I think it is a good agreement, Grumblejack. Good for us and good for you."

Armides waits to see if Grumblejack agrees watching keenly to make sure the ogre doesn't try to play them false.
[/section]

. . Armides Diat . .

[sblock=OOC]I just like to say Grumblejack.
And, Sense Motive (1d20+7=9), not too good.
Ninja'd by Shayuri and had to rewrite. S'ok, though; I didn't have much to post.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Shayuri]You needs to make a skill check to 'persuade' Grumblejack. Choose which persuasion skill based on the situation as you see it.[/sblock]

Remove ads