Pathfinder 1E [IC] Way of the Wicked

GlassEye

Adventurer
Armides Diat, Inquisitor of Asmodeus

[section]
Armides tests the pull on the bow and nods in satisfaction.

"It'll do." He turns to the others. "Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll be ready to fire when necessary."
[/section]

. . Armides Diat . .

[sblock=EDIT]Cross-post! I couldn't figure out why I was the last one to post but it said Tailspinner was then I realized that we posted in the same minute.

And I posted earlier that Armides changes clothes, I think. If I only thought I did then, yeah, you can assume he changes. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Guardroom] Guardroom0.jpg[/sblock]

Shown are the red doors in both the closed and open positions to show how they open.
The blue area is the table in the interrogation room.
The stairs are depicted as varying shades of purple. The lighter the color the lower the stairs.
Just to the south of the stairs is a landing.
The area to the middle-south is a fireplace. The orange area is the chimney and is open both up and down.
It seems that there is a fireplace on the lower level that shares the same chimney.
There is no fire on this level but smoke is coming from below and continuing up.

I need to know where everyone will be at the start of the action to draw the guards up to your location.
I also need to know where you want Grumblejack to start and what are your instructions to him for the battle.
Remember that his space is 10x10 and he has reach.
I also need to know whether you want the doors opened or closed.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Armides Diat, Inquisitor of Asmodeus

[section]
Armides looks thoughtful and rubs his chin as he turns to those who were involved in the questioning of the guard.

"How many guards did he say we should expect? We need to lure them up far enough that retreating isn't an option. Perhaps, if Grumblejack stood above the stairs opposite the landing or if both doors are partially open maybe they would be enough to give him a bit of concealment."
[/section]

. . Armides Diat . .

Shayuri

First Post
"A total of around twelve," Silhouette replies. "But several are outside on the walls and guardposts. We'll deal with them in good time. For now, there should only be two guards below the stairs in the great hall. Once we've lured them up here to their doom, we'll be in a position to launch surprise attacks into the barracks and mess hall."

"As for position...Grumblejack will stay in here. You ask for help quieting the brute. They come up, burst in, and we finish them off."

She nods.

"Then we systematically eliminate the others, or as systematically as we can. We'll have to improvise as we go."

"So, lets bring a couple of guards in here and let Grumblejack practice his smashing skills?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Armides Diat, human Inquisitor

[section]
Armides briefly looks surprised then nods acceptance of the plan. Apparently he hadn't considered that it would be him that would be trying to persuade the guards.

"Right, then." He surveys the room as if imagining where his companions would be on his return. "Position yourselves and I'll take a quick peek downstairs and get those guards up here. There's a bit of cover in the fireplace; that would be a good place for one of you to conceal yourself." He nods collecting himself for what is to come and heads to the stairs.

Armides tries to move down the stairs silently (Stealth 18) remaining in the shadows so he can get an idea of where the guards are before he starts his deception.
[/section]

. . Armides Diat . .

G

Guest 11456

The one doing the calling is one of two that do not have armor.
Currently Asseni and Skalis have armor.

Move everyone to the cellblock for the ambush minus the one doing the calling to the guards?

This right?

Piston Honda

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Skalis was headed to the doors. I got confused and thought Armides was going to have a quick look since he would be much less likely to be seen, was waiting to see how that played out.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

I am just trying to get the setup right.

Right now it seems that everyone except Armides will remain in the cellblock and Armides will try to draw the guards up while Grumblejack make lots of noise. When the guards enter the cellblock you attack and Grumblejack smashes things or actually guards.

This right?

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]My idea was that everyone hides in the open room with the fireplace, Armides sneaks down and takes a look, and if everything is as he expected then he calls down attempting his deception without being seen.

However, it would probably be safer (farther away and less likely to be heard) if we draw the guard to the cellblock to attack them. Armides probably couldn't pull his deception unseen in this case and would insist on having a suit of armor to aid his deception.

Third option (because Armides is an archer and trying to avoid melee and armor should go to a melee combatant): Armides sans armor sneaks down to get a quick look then comes back up. Vordahl, in armor, precedes Armides down the steps staying in shadow. Armides stays right behind and calls down to get aid from the guard. This way we're not relying so much on visual (using Vordahl's visual to block Armides) and more on Armides' persuasive ability (and Asseni keeps the armor).

Or, Armides goes down, bluffs face to face, tries to follow the guard up to prevent fleeing. Risky, though.

I need input from my fellow players on which plan, positioning, etc.[/sblock]

Remove ads