If Gaming Wasn't Your Hobby...?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I am the epitome of jack of all trades, master of none. I have way too many hobbies that it wouldn't make much difference if I stopped gaming. I do often wish I had the discipline to sit down and practice something to a high degree of proficiency. Most of my time is spent reading about my hobbies and building a large knowledge base about them, while only doing them enough to be average.

GuyBoy

Hero
I remember showing up to a Saturday afternoon D&D game in around 1980, following a particularly intense morning rugby match for the school. I had a swiftly blackening eye, a split cheek and a compression bandaged knee.
My DM took one look and said, “ looks like you’re down a few hit points.”

It remains the best ever juxtaposition of my two hobbies!

Sacrosanct

Legend
I go through phases, where I switch hobbies every 6 months or so, so if gaming wasn't around, I'd still be doing those things I do now:

woodworking
leatherworking
drawing
writing
gardening

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I go through phases, where I switch hobbies every 6 months or so, so if gaming wasn't around, I'd still be doing those things I do now:

woodworking
leatherworking
drawing
writing
gardening

M63.gif

You have revealed your secret identity!

Sacrosanct

Legend
M63.gif

You have revealed your secret identity!
I grew up on a farm before the internet. If you wanted something, you made it. Buying it wasn't an option because there were no stores around lol. I guess that stayed with me. if I had more time, you can bet blacksmithing and welding would also be on that list ;) I did build my house myself (everything but the foundation), but I really don't want to do that again. It was hard :ROFLMAO:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I grew up on a farm before the internet. If you wanted something, you made it. Buying it wasn't an option because there were no stores around lol. I guess that stayed with me. if I had more time, you can bet blacksmithing and welding would also be on that list ;) I did build my house myself (everything but the foundation), but I really don't want to do that again. It was hard :ROFLMAO:
I'm going to need a new roof in the next 5 years and im really debating doing it myself or paying much much more to have someone else do it...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm going to need a new roof in the next 5 years and im really debating doing it myself or paying much much more to have someone else do it...

It is only paying much, much more if you know what you are doing, and don't fall off the roof. Leaks cost you in damage, and broken bones cost you in medical bills.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases