If Gaming Wasn't Your Hobby...?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
It is only paying much, much more if you know what you are doing, and don't fall off the roof. Leaks cost you in damage, and broken bones cost you in medical bills.
I know what I'm doing, I just don't want to bust my ass doing it. Its been 15 years at least since the last time. I was a lot more nimble then.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I know what I'm doing, I just don't want to bust my ass doing it. Its been 15 years at least since the last time. I was a lot more nimble then.

And shingle bundles weigh 80 lbs each, and each one has to be hauled up that ladder...

payn

And shingle bundles weigh 80 lbs each, and each one has to be hauled up that ladder...
Oh...I know. There is also the cutting for vents and edges. Its not bad if you have a team, but I dont know if I can muster one up. People get busy real fast when you ask for roofing help lol.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Oh...I know. There is also the cutting for vents and edges. Its not bad if you have a team, but I dont know if I can muster one up. People get busy real fast when you ask for roofing help lol.
The last time I did my own roof, I was in my late 30s. I do not recommend doing it after that. If you have basic skills, it's not difficult, just time consuming. But as we age, your body won't take kindly the abuse you'll be in when you do it unless you're used to it.

GuyBoy

Hero
It is only paying much, much more if you know what you are doing, and don't fall off the roof. Leaks cost you in damage, and broken bones cost you in medical bills.
Not keen to fall off a roof, but at least we have the NHS over here for the medical bills part of the problem.
We don’t pay for our cure serious wounds spell.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
For me to not have gotten into gaming ever, I would have to be a fairly different person, but assuming some alternate universe in which they never existed, I would have invented them! ;)

But seriously: I discovered D&D when I was 12 or so, so I guess i would have spent even more time as a youngster making stop-motion movies, building models, blowing up models with firecrackers, reading, reading comics, drawing, and drawing comics.

Now, much older, I guess I'd be reading more?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Not keen to fall off a roof, but at least we have the NHS over here for the medical bills part of the problem.

Sure. I'm speaking from an American perspective.

But, you know, if your healthcare is so good that this is a meaningful point... by all means, go and seriously damage your body all you want - broken bones, lifelong arthritis and a limp. Have at it, feel free!

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
That’s why you use some kind of conveyor or other lift. When I worked on my parents’ shingles, they used a variation on a hay bale elevator to deliver to the rooftop. We didn’t carry the bundles up on ladders.

payn

That’s why you use some kind of conveyor or other lift. When I worked on my parents’ shingles, they used a variation on a hay bale elevator to deliver to the rooftop. We didn’t carry the bundles up on ladders.
Carrying them up a ladder is how I always did it. Though, I have never done a two story home before and that might change my mind.

Remove ads