If Gaming Wasn't Your Hobby...?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Shockingly - there are places that will rent them to you.

Even more shockingly, folks who don't regularly deal with hay and don't just happen to have one in their basement probably don't know they exist, and won't think to rent them.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Even more shockingly, folks who don't regularly deal with hay and don't just happen to have one in their basement probably don't know they exist, and won't think to rent them.
But the people selling you the shingles probably do know. And if they don’t mentiin it, you may be buying from people with stunted senses of customer service.

Hobbies

Time-wise:
1) Video games
2) Reading
3) RPGs (online, two games a week)
4) Training with/collecting/related activities with battle-ready medieval weapons, to include a longbow
5) Shooting/firearms activities.

Money-wise
1) Shooting/firearms activities.
2) Training with/collecting/related activities with battle-ready medieval weapons, to include a longbow
3) Video Games
4) Reading
5) RPGs

So if I dropped gaming, which I nearly did earlier this year, it would free up some time (back then my single game night was endangered) but very little money.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
But the people selling you the shingles probably do know. And if they don’t mentiin it, you may be buying from people with stunted senses of customer service.
Or you are in a metropolitan area and the 18 year old kid at the counter doesn't care as they sell you your shingles.

aramis erak

Legend
And shingle bundles weigh 80 lbs each, and each one has to be hauled up that ladder...
Just had the roof redone last year. The shingles went up on a loader, not via ladder. The workmen went up on ladder, then used their loader (an off-road forklift-based one) to lift the packs to the workers waistline level while standing near the roof edge.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Just had the roof redone last year. The shingles went up on a loader, not via ladder. The workmen went up on ladder, then used their loader (an off-road forklift-based one) to lift the packs to the workers waistline level while standing near the roof edge.
Fancy, I've not had that luxury in my roofing escapades.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Just had the roof redone last year. The shingles went up on a loader, not via ladder.

My neighbor got his roof redone just a day after I posted. The shingles went up on the backs of the crew doing the job. There is nowhere next to the building to put a loader.

And, John Q who is going a bit of repair on his own home (where this discussion started) is probably not going to have a loader sitting around in his garage.

Remove ads