• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If money were no object

Greg K

Legend
Let's see? I would purchase the following:

Who's Who in the DC RPG Universe 1 (Mayfair games)

Fantasy Companion for Savage Worlds
Thrilling Tales print edition for Savage Worlds
Darwin's World for Savage Worlds when it comes out

Hero High for Mutants and Masterminds 2e
Golden Age for Mutants and Masterminds 2e
Freedom City for Mutants and Masterminds 2e
Mecha and Manga

Champions 4th Edition Big Blue Book
Fantasy Hero (5e)
Ninja Hero
Post Apocalyptic Hero (Hero 5e)
Pulp Hero (Hero 5e)
Star Hero (Hero 5e)
Urban Fantasy Hero (Hero 5e)

The entire GAZ for D&D to replace what I sold

Marvel Superheroes Adventure Game with the 4 promo cards to replace the set that I sold

Shadowrun 3e
Shadowrun Companion
Magic in the Shadows 3e
The Tribes of North America Books
The Shadows of series

Cyberpunk 2013 boxed set
Cyberpunk 2020
Several of the supplements

Earthdawn
Earthdawn Companion

A complete run of White Wolf magazine up to and including the last article for Shadows over the Big Easy series.

A few issues from the Steve Jackson version of Space Gamer/Fantasy Gamer

Then, I would hire Steve Kenson to do his own OGL revision of D&D 3e

joela

First Post
If you had $10,000 that could only be spent on gaming material, what would you want? How would you trick out your game?

I would develop a rpg to my taste and hire professional writers, editors, and artists to give it form ala print and ecopy.

What about if you had $100,000? A million?

I cover my gaming group's living expenses so we can all game 2-3 times a week together.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
10k I'd do up a room in the house as game room,

100k Add aroom to the house as a game room and create a custom touch based game table a la MS Surface buy loads of minis and games that I have always wanted but could not affoard.

1mil as above but work on the gametable software with a view to realising it plus fund my friends and myself to Gencon

room 30x50

lots of adjustable lighting

AC (no fans- bad for loose papers)

comfy chairs

fridge well stocked from everything from water to soda to beer

shelves full of books, accessories and fantasy / sci-fi stuff

cabinents full of various figures and stuff

dungeon tiles and battle mats upgrade to Dwarven Forge 3-D (thousands of pieces)

friends

laughter

goodtimes

(oh and free time to utilize these)

GlassJaw

Hero
1. Buy a house with a dedicated game room.

2. Buy a huge wooden table.

3. Buy enough Dwarven Forge stuff to recreate all of Rappan Athuk.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I'd just like a quality laptop with some good speakers and a soundtrack budget so I could have background music on cue.
Forget a soundtrack budget. If money was no object, I'd want a small, well-trained orchestra on stand-by so that they could produce music on the fly to match the mood and pace of the game.

athos

First Post
If you had million?

What would you do?

A million dollars to spend on gaming? Whoo hoo !!!

I guess this is going to give my age away, but I would invest the money in some kind of stock fund that had an 8-10% return, then with an annual budget of let's say $90,000 I would hire a DM to come and be my personal GM for like $75,000 a year, so at 30 hours a week, 50 weeks a year, that would be about $50 an hour if I still have any math skills left. Pretty good pay for writing adventures and living in wine country here in the Sierra foothills, in the mighty metropolis that is Placerville, CA. population 15,000.

Then I would invite all the local gamers over to my place to game. The left over $15k a year would go for take out chinese food or pizza.

We could have one weeknight and one weekend day of pure bliss, with our own private, professional DM. Oh man, would that be heaven !!!

And no, I wouldn't buy any stinky old computer games with it :hmm:

Give me live RPing, with a variable game world and an intelligent GM over any preprogrammed railroaded path any day. But then I am old and set in my ways, so that would be my dream gaming situation.

Wish my brother were on here, he and his son are WoW fanatics, they would probably have it converted to their own personal cray with a T3 line going into their house so they would have the response time of a ninja on speed.

wolfpunk

First Post
$10,000 buy a set of several different rpg books for every school and public library in the state.

$100,000 as above, plus publish the system I have been designing for awhile.

$1,000,000 as above, plus build a house with a gaming stadium with the equipment and materials necessary to play just about any game you want to play with your friends and family. Rent it out on the cheap as a fun "staycation" for families.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads