• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you could make a documentary about D&D, what would you like it to focus on?

Oryan77

Adventurer
I may have the opportunity to make an 8 minute documentary student film about playing D&D. I'm sure there are several films like this in existence, so I would like to focus it on an aspect about playing the game that might be both unique and interesting. Who better to ask about this than the gaming community!

Eight minutes isn't that much time, so I expect the topic should probably have a narrow focus rather than doing something that needs a lot of footage and dialogue to explain things. I'm not really interested in doing anything about the history of D&D since I believe that deserves more than 8 minutes and I don't think doing it under 8 minutes would make it interesting or informative enough.

I was thinking about something along the lines of filming two separate groups of players and showing the difference in playstyle (and social interaction) and highlight how the game can be played or approached in different ways. Or maybe something about using technology in D&D and how technology has changed how we play (LCD TV / projectors as battlemats, using laptops, etc, etc).

Really though, I'm looking for suggestions since the few ideas I have are not really inspiring me enough to the point that I feel like I can pitch this idea in a passionate way in order to get people on board with this project.

Last edited:

BigVanVader

First Post
Dude, eight minutes isn't very much time. If I was gonna make a documentary, it would be an hour at least, and it would be about those two moron kids who killed each other. Might as well tackle all the 'taboo' stuff head on, and show everyone how silly that taboo is.

Remove ads