D&D General If You Wanted a LIfe-Sized Mimic Chest, Now's Your Chance

Put that in the guest room and none of your guests will stay more than a night or two. All for a mere $375 in the second quarter of this year. It's every adventurer's rite of passage to encounter a Mimic in combat--now you can have one with you in the room while you play! This life-sized Mimic chest is 20" tall and made from soft foam that's painted to show off each eye and tooth, not to...

Screen Shot 2023-02-22 at 11.14.37 PM.png

Put that in the guest room and none of your guests will stay more than a night or two. All for a mere $375 in the second quarter of this year.

It's every adventurer's rite of passage to encounter a Mimic in combat--now you can have one with you in the room while you play! This life-sized Mimic chest is 20" tall and made from soft foam that's painted to show off each eye and tooth, not to mention that long tongue! This replica creature is incredibly lifelike and stands mid-lunge toward its next victim

Okay, let me be clear: it’s made to look like the sides are made of planks, the metal trim is supposed to be heavy gauge, and the rivets are made to make it look like a large armored chest. Then we look at the ring handles…. It’s not life sized, it’s a large mini. And at 20 inches, the cost is absurd. It would need to be at least 40 inches before I would accept it, and even then, that small for a chest.

I mean, do what you want, but I dislike it when people advertise one thing, and it’s obviously another.

UPDATE:
Actually, I will concede a 40 inch chest, in height, would be big enough. thats even with it being open, but yeah, stand by the rest of what I said.

Last edited:

jgsugden

Legend
A mimic is a medium creature. A medium creature is the wize of a wolf, human, or boar. Anything less than 3 feet, by 2 feet by 2 feet is not life sized. This is deceptive.

Remove ads

Remove ads