D&D 5E Iggwilv/Tasha To Join Volo, Xanathar, and Mordenkainen? [UPDATED!]

Is WotC teasing a new announcement? There have been a few D&D books named after famous personalities from the game's extensive lore - Vole's Guide to Monsters, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. It looks possible that the next such personality might be Tasha of Tasha's Hideous Laughter fame -- which was an adventuring alias of the Greyhawk villain Iggwilv.

UPDATE -- A page has appeared on Amazon entitled Dungeons & Dragons November Title (Announced August 24). It's a hardcover, $49.95, November 17th release date.

IggwilvDungeonCover.jpg

On their Discord channel, WotC posted a short audio clip; it features some female-sounding voices laughing, and it is titled "Feather and Tart". It also has a metadata info which says August 24th, 2020, which is Monday. But in addition to that, a WoTC staff member on Reddit's avatar was changed to an image of Iggwilv.

Iggwilv was an evil magic-user, a villain created by Gary Gygax. When adventuring with the Company of Seven, she used the alias Tasha. The lore has it that the witch Baba Yaga adopted her as a child and named her Natasha, and she soon became Natasha the Dark (Baba Yaga also adopted Elena the Fair).

Iggwilv has two forms, one old and one young. You can read more about the character on Wikipedia.

What does seem clear is that WotC is teasing an impending announcement! I assume that the announcement they are teasing will be the announcement of an upcoming announcement, or I'll be disappointed.

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
Wait! Beholders have binary genders!? I mean they DREAM THEMSELVES INTO EXISTENCE. No sexual organs needed and, unless some of those eyes have purposes that don't come up in the random-eye-attack roll table, they don't have genitals.
However, from all indications Xanathar presents as male (he, him).

Coroc

Hero
Assuming you mean Greyhawk Ruins, the Dwarves do not "attack everybody".

They refuse access to "their" tower unless the party agree to their terms. This may well lead to the PCs trying to force their way in, but it doesn't amount to they "should be attacked by PCs intent on exploring".
Yes you are right it has been long that I actually read the module.

The stunning thing for me when I first read that (which is probably 30 years ago), was that normal dwarves, not derro, not duergar, but those guys you would count towards the "forces of light" were there as an obstacle which most likely had to be overcome by combat.

Yes you are right it has been long that I actually read the module.

The stunning thing for me when I first read that (which is probably 30 years ago), was that normal dwarves, not derro, not duergar, but those guys you would count towards the "forces of light" were there as an obstacle which most likely had to be overcome by combat.
Tower 2 has pretty much the same set-up, this time with elves who want 1/3 of your magic items.

The PCs aren't on a quest to save the world. They are basically looting ruins for fun and profit. I suspect the reaction of most players to this set-up would be to decline to play the adventure. (Or march straight into Tower 3 instead, and get slaughtered since they aren't high enough level yet.) An unusual way to design a module ...

However, with the rare group that would immediately start brainstorming how to cheat the elves and dwarves out of their "tax", the adventure is off to a good start.

dwayne

Adventurer
Don't make it personal.
I'm underwhelmed by the name of the product. Mordenkainen, Xanathar, Volo, get to write guides and tomes. Tasha gets a cauldron? Hints of "women in the kitchen" to me.
clouds are clouds even if you think they look like something else, this is a reflection of your mind obviously not the writers, tells a lot about your psychological state of mind.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
... tells a lot about your psychological state of mind.

Mod Note:

Then, we might wonder what your choice to make this personal says about you, no?

I'm guessing you would not be happy if we allowed the non-complimentary results of that speculation to become the discussion - which should then make it clear that the Golden Rule should apply here, and you forgot that.

Going forward, please address the content of the post, not the person of the poster.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases