• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IH] Bekath's Progeny

Jolmo

First Post
ikazuchi, I hope your project goes well and that you'll get to have fun in some game when things calm down for you.

Elocin, your character seems fine. I think that leaves only James with an unfinished character so I'll start the IC-thread by monday.

Some info on the Ghostlands:
What today is called the Ghostlands was once the center of the Masters power, and whatever end they met it left that land in bad shape. Nothing lives there now, not even any plants, and most of what once did instead haunts the land in an undead state.

I'll write a bit more about Silahin tomorrow.

Jolmo

First Post
The IC thread is up. I hope you don't mind so much that I've sped past some things, but I wanted to start with everyone in the same place.

James, please finish your character as soon as possible but feel free to post IC meanwhile.

James Heard

Explorer
I'm sorry, I've obviously got too much to do right now and I shouldn't have stepped up for this one guys. The good news is that busy means money, but my inherent greed is a distraction from things like gaming. Again, sincere apologies to everyone. I thought I was going to have more time available than I do.

D20Dazza

Explorer
ikazuchi said:
Crap, I owe you guys a huge apology. I just got hit with a massive project at work, and it's gonna kill most of my time. I still haven't -finished- Stone Wind, and I'm not sure when I'll have time. This projects probably gonna take a few weeks at least so I'm gonna have to step away from the game, which really sucks cause I was looking forward to it (this was also gonna be my first play-by-post game).

Hate to drop the ball like this, but I'd rather you know what was going on and not screw everyone over waiting on me and what have you.

Sorry.
James Heard said:
I'm sorry, I've obviously got too much to do right now and I shouldn't have stepped up for this one guys. The good news is that busy means money, but my inherent greed is a distraction from things like gaming. Again, sincere apologies to everyone. I thought I was going to have more time available than I do.

Hiya,

Does the above mean a spot has opened up? I'm very keen, was earlier but didn't have the book but have subsequently purchased the PDF and am keen to have a bash. I'll be rolling up a PC in the next day or so and will post for your perusal if that is OK?

Cheers

Daz

Jolmo

First Post
James, enjoy the money then. ;)

D20Dazza, sure, consider yourself in, please join the IC thread as soon as you've got a base character thought up. I'll want to wait with introducing NPCs until you've done that.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Jek Kel'Drek

I'll fill the Man-at-Arms role. I'll try and finish off the PC tonight but if I don't just use the starting package for one and crank the game up - just the background etc to expand on. I don't want to hold the start up (although I suspect GenCon is as equally guilty ;)).

Here's my Gold roll = 110 (sorry changed his first name since the roll)

[sblock]Jek Kel'Drek
human man-at-arms 1;
medium humaniod (human);
Init +3; Senses Listen +6, Spot +6;
Languages: Common, Sea Speech, First Speech, Gray Speech.
----------------------------
AC 14, active 4 (+1 BdB; +3 Dex) passive 0 +4 AoO
DR: 1d2/magic
HP 10 (HD 1d4+6)
RP 10
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3
Spd 30';
Melee
sap +4 (1d3 (non-lethal), x2)
warhammer +4 (1d8, x3)
short sword +4 (1d6,19-20/x2
whip +0 (1d3 (non-lethal), X2)
Ranged
shortspear +4 (1d6, X2, 20')
Attack Options: Lithe Acrobat - Tumble normal speed, Bravo - +1d6 sneak attack, Mobility (1) - +4 AC against AoO when moving in threatened area, Tactics of the Mind (1) - use Int bonus for ranged and melee attacks; Quick Draw - Draw weapon as free action or hidden weapon as move action.
Base Atk +1, Grapple +4
Combat Gear:
Abilities: Str 10 (+0), Dex 17 (+3), Con 11 (+0), Int 17 (+3), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 10 (+0).
XP: 0
Traits: Lithe Acrobat (+2 Tumble; tumble normal speed), City Rat (Survival (city) +2; Bravo +1d6 sneak attack)
Feats: All simple and martial weapons, all armor, and all shields; Mobility (1) - +4 AC against AoO when moving in threatened area, Tactics of the Mind (1) - use Int bonus for ranged and melee attacks; Quick Draw - Draw weapon as free action or hidden weapon as move action.
Skills:
Agility 4 (Balance (Dex) +7, Escape Artist (Dex) +7, Tumble (Dex) +9);
Perception 4 (Listen (Wis) +6, Search (Int) +7, Sense Motive (Wis) +6, Spot (Wis) +6);
Stealth 4 (Hide (Dex) +7, Move Silently (Dex) +7);
Heal (Wis) +6;
Jump (str) +4;
Knowledge (Local) (Int) +5;
Knowledge (Arcana) (Int) +5;
Sleight of Hand (Dex) +7;
Spellcraft (Int) +7;
Survival (Int) +7 (city +9).
Possessions: leather armor (10gp, 15lbs), sap (1gp, 2 lbs), warhammer (12gp, 5lbs), short sword (10gp, 2lbs), whip (1gp, 2lbs), short spear (1gp, 3lbs), Adventurer's Outfit (2lbs), flint and steel (1gp), signal whistle (8sp), belt pouch (1gp. 1/2lb) 70 gp 2sp
Encumbrance: 311/2lbs; Load: Light (33lbs)
---------------------------- [/sblock]
Description: Jek is a slight, wiry lad with long, shaggy sandy-blonde hair, one green eye and one blue, a smattering of freckles that dance across his broken nose and cheeks and a scar across his lower face that makes him appear as though he is always leering.

Personality: Jek is inquisitive and tough, he takes no nonsense and will not be bullied. He has a fascination for the arcane arts and is awed by those that know how to harness the power. He loves life with a passion and lives his life to the fullest. He is always looking for something fun to do and gets bored and side tracked quickly. He loves a good joke, the company of women, and reading. He carries himself with a confident swagger.

History: Jek works at the Slavering Dog, a rowdy tavern near the docks of Silahin, that has a main bar for the sailors and a Gentleman's Retreat for the ships captains, arcanists and the occasional noble. He usually works nights as part of the security team, tag-teaming with a hulking behemoth aptly known as Ogre. The wiry boy has worked at the inn all of his 17 years. He was born of the tavern keepers daughter, Leila, who still works in the kitchens.

He has learnt to fight well in confined spaces and uses his agility to his advantage, trying to maneoveur in to a position to take advantage of his larger ally. He has learnt to fight with a number of weapons, often having to improvise with what is available in the bar. He has also had to learn how to subdue his foes rather than kill as the Captains often take a dim view of their sailors being killed in a bar fight. Jek hasn't had it all his own way though, he has been knocked around more than once and has the scars to prove it.

He is a thinker though and likes to spend his spare time studying in the Genleman's Retreat where he has been able to pickup the odd bit of mystical lore. If he is not in the Retreat he is out prowling the streets of Silahin, picking up women, brawling with other drunkards and generally making a nuisance of himself. He has been spoken to on more than one occassion by the town constabulary with the last warning apparently being his last. Sergeant Collop's last words still ring in his ears "That's it me'boyo the last time, I catch ye once more and at worst it's the army for ye"

Jek has had no experience outside Silahin.

Last edited:

Remove ads