• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Vile] Maiden of Pain's Redemption

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I really don't know. I think Lady Nightfang had some plans for me and didn't want Lyrnae's hooks in me. She wanted me to be loyal to her, and gave me some hints that Lyrnae had threatened or ensorcelled the other girls to keep them from running away. Other really important people... the Moth Queen is one of the finest girls in the house, but she only participated in the ceremonies occasionally. She's usually busy. The only ones I'm worried about are Madame's guardians. She has some big, burly men that act as bouncers, devotees they are. And I know she's traded favors to have some golems made for protection," Wira says, thinking hard.

"Wira... I know you have been though a great deal, more than I can comprehend. Your wish for revenge is purely human, and very understandable. But I am a priest of Heironeous, and if we were to persue your revenge, you could put yourself back in the clutches of Loviatar again. I would say this, I think it would be wise to separate yourself spiritually from Loviatar, to dedicate yourself to a new god in your heart, so that the Pain Maiden no longer has claim over her. I would also say that we can go to the city guard with what we know so they can start to take care of this legally. If Lady Nightfang is a noblewoman, she has power, money, and servants. We will need the force of the law behind her to deal with her support, before being able to deal with the woman herself," Orshallan breaks in, obviously having thought his words over carefully.

*Wira looks stunned, as if a plan like that had never occured to her, and looks to Loviana for guidance.*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviana: Half-Nymph/Female (Unfettered/Bondblade)

Loviana hides her anger as she repositions herself in her chair; she didn’t really care about Wira’s soul and couldn’t help but wonder why Orshallan was so concerned, “There is some truth in his words but if she is a noblewomen she could be above the law…”

Her words go quite as she thinks upon it for a time, but soon she turns to Orshallan and offers a teasing smile, “My dear Orshallan how would you like to be serviced by one of the Velvet Arrow’s best whore?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Orshallan turns a fascinating shade of red at Loviana's question.*

"I am a priest my dear, not an actor. I don't think I could pull off such a ruse for very long," he says, shaking his head.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Loviana teasingly grins at Orshallan as she softly strokes and pats her belly, “You where able to pull that ruse off long enough with me,” she quickly becomes more serious, “but honestly, Orshallan, a second set of eyes inside the Velvet Arrow would be nice. I would go myself but I’m afraid my face might be to well known and we don’t know if the Moth Queen we’ll even see women. Besides, my dear, only you can see the hidden magic within the Arrow and we need to know that before we can proceed with my plan.”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Perhaps I could go and simply observe. Certainly there are more than one man that has wanted to see what's available before purchasing something," Orshallan says slowly.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Her grin grew, there was something mischievously fun in watching Orshallan’s discomfort, as she ached a delicate red eyebrow in his direction as she replied teasingly, “Indeed? Beloved, just what have you been doing when I’ve been slumbering of late?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Nothing too terribly exciting. I learn such things through confessions, Loviana, and during the ecclesiastical courts where we take errant priests to task," he says, with little humor.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

While part of Loviana wished Orshallan’s words weren’t so true, in her mind Orshallan coupled with her cause that’s what couples in love did and not out of pure enjoyment, she didn’t doubt the truth behind them and she barely hid her disappointment as she replied, “Yes, but of course…”

Sighing she turned her frustrations into a sharp tongue lashing at Wira, “So what does the Velvet Arrow offer for the voyeur? Can one watch the Moth Queen perform her impure acts?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Oh yes, you have quite a few people that just watch. Sometimes there's even something like a theater. They're pretty big events, and strangers come to them. It might be a good idea to scout the place at one of those," Wira offers eagerly.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

“Yes I imagine so…” Loviana spoke her keen mind already working on a new plan, “and the dress for such occasion? I imagine masquerade masks wouldn’t be out of question for such a large event?”

Remove ads