• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IK] Corvis U. Discreet Investigation & Retrieval Union: Last DM Post 1/8 14:45 EST

Bobitron

Explorer
Alain takes a deep breath and prepares to follow Harlan into the room.

I don't understand why we are meeting here. Edrea has always been a sensible and competent companion to Pendrake, but I think the university would have been a more secure meeting place. Let's see what I can feel...

(OOC, Alain begins using Detect Evil, concentrating on the area within the room. Hopefully anything obvious will be strong enough to trigger his Spidey sense. ;) )

Blue_Genie

First Post
IC:
Past the parted curtains of the entrance you see a small bar area. Large tapestries showing woodland hunting scenes cover the walls, and small iron stove labors to keep the chill of the underground chamber out. Tables and chairs are scattered about and half-a-dozen patrons sit, nursing drinks quietly, or in intimate conversations. An older man sits on a tall stool behind a small lectern against the right-hand wall. A small lantern sits on the lectern in front of him, and he is scribbling away furiously in a large book. While you are watching, he dips his quill in the ink and looks up as a customer approaches him and engages him in conversation.

In the near corner to your left, you see a figure that can only be Edrea sitting by herself. She wears a large, hooded cloak to disguise her Iosan traits, with her arms crossed in front of her. You can see a bandolier sticking out where her cloak does not cover her completely. She notices your entrance, and after giving the room a quick glance, stands up and urgently motions you to join her.

OOC:
Slippshade:
Your Spot and Listen checks do not reveal anything out of the ordinary. The customers all seem to look like locals, and are not overly concerned with you. From the bulge at Edrea's hip, you can guess that she is carrying a small pistol of some kind.

Bobitron:
As you focus your senses you can tell that there is the presence of evil in the vicinity. After a moment you discern that there are two auras present within the area of the ability, none of them stronger than "faint". (That's two rounds worth of detecting. If you'd like to continue, just let me know).

Devyn:
I'm going to have to preempt your post. Before you have a chance to go downstairs, the Khadoran man returns with three very familiar looking tall, bearded gentlemen in tow. You recognize them from your last firefight on the docks of Merwyn. The man who you've been watching speaks momentarily to Cosgrove who gives them a hairy eyeball. After a brief conversation, the man seems to reassure Cosgrove, and the Khadoran party immediately makes their way toward the stairs where your friends just descended, drawing weapons underneath their greatcloaks. Luckily for you, they seem to be so wrapped up in getting downstairs that they don't even notice you watching them.

Krug

Newshound
Marthasa walks over. "You are Edrea? I am Marthasa, Priestess of Morrow." Her eyes are cold as she surveys the room. Why meet here if she is unsure of the persons in this room? thinks Marthasa to herself.

Slippshade

First Post
Alanna Morwyn

Moving across the room Alanna gives Edrea a quick embrass like they are old friends greeting each other after a long absence.

Whispering to Edrea, "Sorry, I am just trying to make this all look normal to outsiders,"

Truthfully the Iosian had always made Alanna a little nervous. She had never been anything but polite to Alanna, but her eyes seemed to look into your soul and she always seemed to know the answer to any question she asked you, before you replied. Alanna supresses a little smile, knowing the embrass was likely to make Edrea almost as uncomfortable as Alanna was.

"It's good to see you again."

Alanna removes the sack containing her unused spellbook from her shoulder and sets it on the table. Moving to a chair with the best view of the room and door (one not already taken by Edrea), she takes a seat and waits for the rest of the group to take theirs.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Alaios O'Aodh, human sorcerer

Alaios hangs back and looks around thinking I like dis place not at all... no back door to run out of if there be trouble, I tell yea what. Well git rid of the bood and git the shades out of here, then maybe git a drink is a proper pub

Blue_Genie

First Post
Edrea is surprised by Alanna's actions, and noticibly stiffins when she is embraced. Her dark-violet eyes betrays no emotion as she retakes her seat and scoots the chair forward to be closer to those sitting with her.

After a moment of straightening her garments she quietly says, "I am generally not one to question your decisions. But why in the name of Urcaen did you ask me to meet you here of all places? And what is this about having information about the professor?" She stares at each of you, a mild expression of exasperation on her face.

taitzu52

First Post
If there's a wall to the side, Harlan puts his back to it. The last thing that he wants is to look important, considering what he is carrying. Being a consumant smart ass, the group would notice that he is uncharacteristically silent.

Karl Green

First Post
Alaios O'Aodh, human sorcerer

Blue_Genie said:
Edrea is surprised by Alanna's actions, and noticibly stiffins when she is embraced. Her dark-violet eyes betrays no emotion as she retakes her seat and scoots the chair forward to be closer to those sitting with her.

After a moment of straightening her garments she quietly says, "I am generally not one to question your decisions. But why in the name of Urcaen did you ask me to meet you here of all places? And what is this about having information about the professor?" She stares at each of you, a mild expression of exasperation on her face.

Alaios gets very nervous and says "Wait... yea asked us...oi this be so a trap" and he then starts looking around, putting his hand on his pistol handle...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads