• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IK] Corvis U. Discreet Investigation & Retrieval Union: Last DM Post 1/8 14:45 EST

Bobitron

Explorer
OOC

Thanks, Blue. The half action/move action/free action/full action thing is probably my weakest point on 3.5.

I will see what takes place with the faster characters and finalize my choices. The two things that are most important to Alain are getting his pistol, which was already drawn, leveled towards the door and getting out the non-combatants out of the room. The last thing he wants is a bunch of dead innocents whos only crime was betting on bloodsports.

Let me see if this is correct. My pistol is drawn from before combat, so it takes no time to ready that. My sword can be drawn as a free action, as you mentioned, due to my BAB. I don't really want to move, so I will stay put unless the situation calls for it. Speaking to the bystanders is a free action, as it is only a quick few words. All OK?

I appreciate your help.

Edit: added info, read the rules :heh:

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Been able to load the map now... thanks! Changed my move. Basically I'll stay put and draw my pistol.

Last edited:

Blue_Genie

First Post
taitzu52 said:
Harlan will double move to V9 and Hide in the corner, trying to peer around to the lower door.
Taitzu, this is a surprise round. You can only make a move or standard action in this round, not a full-round action (which is what a double move is). A single move will not get you all the way to V9. Would you like to go part of the way there, or somewhere else?

DrunkenMonkey

First Post
Well if everyone is planning on making their stand here I might as well dig in.

Jackson shoves the table in front of him over on its side to provide cover as he draws his military pistol and takes aim at the door.

OOC: Since we are in a nice part of a patrolled city most of my equipment would be safely stowed away. I am wearing an armored greatcoat and carrying my pistol and daggers which should put me down to a light load.

taitzu52

First Post
Blue_Genie said:
Taitzu, this is a surprise round. You can only make a move or standard action in this round, not a full-round action (which is what a double move is). A single move will not get you all the way to V9. Would you like to go part of the way there, or somewhere else?

Right then, make that Q11, and I'll let you know what my regular actions are after the surprise round.

Blue_Genie

First Post
Combat, Suprise Round

From where you are seated next to Edrea, you suddenly hear the door you first came in burst open, and a rough voice saying in Khadoran, "Spread out and find them, they've got to be around here somewhere," followed by the drumming of heavy boots on flagstone.

COMBAT MAP (ROUND 1)

OOC: Martashan and Alaois are the only ones that can understand them, I believe, although you all recognize what language is being spoken.

Cormyck: You move quietly down the stairs 15' (one move action) and are still not located on the map, but are 35' away from the nearest Khadoran K1. As he is not in visual range, you can't tell whether he's heard you or not, but if he has, he hasn't said anything.

Please post your round 1 combat actions, if you haven't already (I think that's just two of you, taitzu and Devyn).

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Alaios O'Aodh, human sorcerer

Alaios curses and draws his pistol "Do ya know another way out of here Edrea? Cause we be in a bit of a pinch here, I tell yea wat."

Alaios moves 15ft to O9 and holds his fire UNLESS badguys have appeared before he moves.
IF no enemies are by Alaios when he moves, he will fire at any enemies that are not in melee combat and within 30ft (Attack roll +7 Military Pistol 2d6+1 [point blank shot])
IF an enemy is next to Alaios when he moves he will not make an attack, instead moves to O9 and casts True Strike

Blue_Genie

First Post
Edrea Lloryrr stands up and pulls a small, strange-looking pistol from a hip holster. She whispers “I sent you no message, Alanna, and no of other exist as far as I know. Only the one we all came in through. Are these Khadorans after the tome?” She moves along the wall, and takes a peek through the curtain.

OOC: She moves to M14.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads