[IK] Corvis U. Discreet Investigation & Retrieval Union: Last DM Post 1/8 14:45 EST

Slippshade

First Post
Alanna Morwyn

'I can't wait to get back to the dorm and get out of this armor,' Alanna thinks to herself as the group passes into the University grounds. It had already been a long night and the thought of stripping herself out of her leathers and slipping into a warm bath really appealed to her, but there was still work to be done and with a heavy sigh Alanna followed the Iosian woman up to Professor Pendrakes offices.

“Now, let’s take a look at this book and see what was the cause of all this villainy.”

"Yes lets."

Alanna stands next to Cormyck and studies the book intently, while absentmindedly chewing the tip of a lock of her golden hair. (Spot Roll)

After a few minutes (if we don't find anything) she says to noone inparticular

"Lets's give this a try."

**Cast Detect Magic on book**

Blue_Genie

First Post
Edrea Lloryrr moves closer to the tableEdrea Lloryrr moves closer to the table and takes off her greatcoat to get comfortable, draping it over her chair. Underneath she is wearing dirty street clothes which seem to have seen heavy use recently. For a moment she looks at her appearance and shudders slightly, then turns to each of you, a silent judgement playing across her face. She clears her throat and says, “If you will pardon me, I must tidy up a bit before I can focus on the tome.” Next she does not, however, leave the room, but simply closes her eyes, her attention focused inward. A breath of fresh, spring air seems to fill the room and you can momentarily feel the hairs on your arms stand on end. Edrea speaks a few words in the sibilant tongue of her people and the dirt and grime covering her seems to melt away as easily as if it had been a patch of snow on a warm, spring day.

Without looking at your reactions she turns her attention back to the book in front of her, picking up a pair of mechanical goggles, trailing its arcano-conduction coil which is attached to an arcantrik engine sitting on a shelf next to her. She carefully places them on her head, and makes a few adjustments to what seem to be lenses, before carefully studying the book.

Now that you are out of immediate danger, you get a chance to get a closer look at the book that has caused you so much trouble. It is large, almost two feet high, a foot-and-a-half wide, and nearly 10 inches in thickness. It is bound in an unknown, greenish-brown leather, and has a large embossed picture of a peaked mountain on it. The pages themselves are made of a semi-translucent vellum, which dark-green ink.

OOC: Your Spot check reveals nothing out of the ordinary, other than the fact that this room has not been cleaned, and that the Professor has not been here for at least two or three weeks, judging from the dust which has settled.

Your Detect Magic spell reveals that the book itself is not magical, although a number of other pieces in the room, such as the goggles, and something inside a wooden box high up on a shelf across the room from you. The goggles radiate minor illusion and faint divination magic.

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Alain Caldwallow

Alain re-enters the room with a basket of scones and a large pot of tea. A half dozen cups sit on the tray. Drapped over his shoulders are three thick woolen blankets. He sets the tray on a small table, carefully clearing it of some of the Professor's notes. Handing a blanket to Marthasa, he wraps one around himself and pours six steaming cups of tea.

"All's well that ends well, I suppose.", Alain says with a hint of a scowl. "That rake at the gambling house can be certain that he will not have my patronage in the future. I am most pleased to be safe in the University again." Alain sits down in a stuffed leather chair a bit away from the desk. "What do you see, Lady? I must confess I have not looked at the book yet." Alain nibbles delicately at a scone.

taitzu52

First Post
(OOC- are the events with the Llaelese antiquarian bookseller named Jonas Mirassi and the statements about the book being "a Khadorian cultural artifact" common knowledge?)

Last edited:

Blue_Genie

First Post
taitzu52 said:
(OOC- are the events with the Llaelese antiquarian bookseller named Jonas Mirassi and the statements about the book being "a Khadorian cultural artifact" common knowledge?)
OOC: Yes, you can assume that all of you know everything that was stated in the introduction.

Slippshade

First Post
Alanna Morwyn

"Bah! I can't read any of this." The frustration clearly evident in Alanna's voice. She retrieves a cup of tea from the tray provided by Alain. Not wanting her armor to damage any furniture, Alanna stands next to the fire and warms herself.

The reflection of the fire off her dark leather armor makes it look slick and wet, her face and hair orange and gold in the light of the fireplace. Alanna's thoughts drift back to her childhood and Lyningsgale Castle and the time spent sitting by the fire, listening to her father spin tales of wonder and adventure. It always calmed her to think of home and she knew she would need a clear mind for whatever lay ahead.

Krug

Newshound
"Thank you Alain," she says, as she is handed the blanket. She sips her tea and examines the book. "Perhaps it will reveal its secrets to me," she says.

Karl Green

First Post
Alaios O'Aodh, human sorcerer

Alaios will take tea and then look to see if there is anything to 'spice' it up a bit to fight back the cold...

taitzu52

First Post
Harlan chews on the end of his cigar and watches as everyone "settles in', wishing that it had been a better night to stay at the gaming house.

As everyone prepares to peruse the text, Harlan interjects, "So does anyone have a clue as to where Mirrasi got this book from? I guess we didn't think to ask, but maybe the means by which he acquired it has more to do with this Khadoran slugfest than the book itself. I mean, why would they be so interested in the exploits of a Troll hunter?"

Remove ads