I'll fight ya fer it.........

IcyCool

First Post
werk said:
BARBARIAN!! Around here we play cowboy, ninja, bear.

That's a silly game. Everyone knows that ninja's have real ultimate power, and as such, ninja will beat everything else. If both opponents throw ninja, then they flip out and kill each other.

;)

Last edited:

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
I'm up for repairing the non-tentacular parts of the Mage Duel. That could be a laugh.

(I'm the party cleric btw, and am secretly hoping that it's a clerical staff!)

The dragon claw might be some indication that it's sorcerous (what with the connection between dragons and sorcerors), but off the top of my head, I can't think of any specifically sorcerous staves...

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Our party tries to split loot evenly among everyone. If the mage has a lot more loot than the sorcerer, then the sorcerer gets first dibs on the treasure. Of course, the mage can try to arrange a trade with the sorcerer, but he certainly wouldn't get the staff--in spite of having much more gear--just because he's always wanted a staff. [insert rolleyes smiley here]

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Darmanicus said:
So I withdraw sword from rock, just, and am just getting to the staff when, guess what, dragons fly in, a mechanical trap goes off, sealing me inside the stalactite and then said stalactite drops, 400ft, into a lake of acid!!! :( I do however manage to get the staff.

Any thoughts?
You survived 40d6 falling damage before even taking your first point of acid damage?

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
You survived 40d6 falling damage before even taking your first point of acid damage?

I was inside the hollowed out stalactite when the trap went off and sealed me inside, (we REALLY need a rogue), so acid damage wasn't a factor however the DM and meself both forgot about falling damage, (although it's not up to me to point out "hey, do you reckon I could take 40d6 from the fall please before X has it's/his/her go?" - mind you isn't 20d6 the max you can take from falling?). On average, I would have survived since I had about 169 HP's if I were to take 40d6.

A few rounds later though I started failing REF saves when one of the dragons ripped part of the metal trapdoor off the stalactite and lost quite a few HP's so in reality I should have died but that's the DM's problem not mine, (maybe I had a fate point kickin' around somewhere!?).

pogre

Legend
Darmanicus said:
(although it's not up to me to point out "hey, do you reckon I could take 40d6 from the fall please before X has it's/his/her go?" - mind you isn't 20d6 the max you can take from falling?).

I should have died but that's the DM's problem not mine, (maybe I had a fate point kickin' around somewhere!?).

Interesting how group dynamics differ. My players often remind me of AoO they should face and other effects I have forgotten. If I had to know all the rules all the time - I would be in trouble ;) It works the other way too - I once disintegrated a PC and they reminded me I needed to make a touch attck because it's a ray - I rolled a 1.

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
pogre said:
Interesting how group dynamics differ. My players often remind me of AoO they should face and other effects I have forgotten. If I had to know all the rules all the time - I would be in trouble ;) It works the other way too - I once disintegrated a PC and they reminded me I needed to make a touch attck because it's a ray - I rolled a 1.

If you read what I said then you would have noticed that we BOTH FORGOT, nothing to do with group dynamics my friend.

Anyways a DM should know what he's doing, it's not up to players to turn around and say "hey man, bad call, that pit fiend shouldn't be hitting me with its greatsword, you should instead be using 'Blasphemey', it'll screw with the lot of us.

I get enough stick for taking so long in my turn and it's not my job to be DM.

LazerPointer

First Post
Dpulse303 said:
Ok all things being fair, we all took the risk of going through the portal/deck of many things thing and i lost 10,000 xp wich was quite a blow really ,others gained things like a level or 10,000 we all agreed to do it some of us lost some of us won .
I was specifically looking for a staff there was one , its mine , i actually couldnt believe the cheek of the sorcerer when he said he should get it.

If I was that itemless sorcerer and you were in my party pulling this crap I'd be really really angry. I'd peg you as a selfish person, in game and real life, and it would only be my enjoyment of the other players (and the campaign) that would keep me gaming with you.

Your best friend has described you as "a tad grabby," and said you already have a fair bit more than your share of treasure....BEFORE the players lost their stuff.

Grow some class.

the Jester

Legend
Dpulse303 said:
I was specifically looking for a staff there was one , its mine , i actually couldnt believe the cheek of the sorcerer when he said he should get it.

Humm, I wonder if this would work with my pcs?

"Hey, we found a staff! Well, I looked for it first, it's mine!"

Personally, I don't think you've got any kind of 'right' to the staff just because you want one. Maybe everyone else wants one as well, eh?

Remove ads