• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Illusionist oddity

Turtlejay

First Post
As far as illusion paragon paths go (paths that have powers with the illusion keyword), there are the Hermetic Saboteur and the Unseen Mage. I will be taking the Unseen Mage, since it has one of the best Utilities I have ever seen.

I take your point about powers other than illusion. It makes it a little harder to minmax every aspect of the character (Gnome Phantasmist would not apply, for instance), but If I were really that concerned, I would have just taken Chilling Cloud.

Thank you again ENworld for seeing the the heart of things.

Jay

DracoSuave

First Post
Personally I prefer at-will attacks against will that reduce their will defense so your other at-will attacks against will -will- in fact, unleash your will upon them, so you can do as you will. Illusionists -will- be jealous of that.

Turtlejay

First Post
I have been getting lazy. All of my attacks are versus will. It would be too simple for a jackass DM to screw me over.

What do folks think of the illusion powers? I feel like there are some definite gems in there, but a lot of stinkers. Maze of Mirrors rocks my socks, but Grasping Shadows is. . .too situational and often a hindrance to the party. The 9th level dailies look especially awesome, but the single 7th level encounter power is kind of underwhelming.

Jay

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Will vs. fort vs. reflex is generally better in MM2...
That's true, but not all monsters are from the MM2.

As more monster books (with balanced monster defense spreads) come out, Fort attacks will presumably gain in value.

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads