• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Illustrations for Necromancers Games' Tome of Horrors III

Eric Lofgren

First Post
It's been a very long time since I last posted some work here. But something I've been wanting to do for a while now. To that end, I was granted permission to show my contributions to the upcoming and certainly anticipated Tome of Horrors III from Necromancer Games. The book will be published in B & W and grayscale like before, but I felt the job was significant enough (for me at any rate) to warrant doing them in color first and then setting them to gray after it was done. Therefore, I present them in living (and unliving) color-

Inphidian Night Adder-
ng1_adder.jpg

Chalkydri Angel-
ng1_angel.jpg

Water Elemental Construct-
ng1_water.jpg

Blood Wight-
ng1_wight.jpg

Air Elemental Construct-
ng_air.jpg

Corpse Orgy-
ng_corpse.jpg

Earth Elemental Construct-
ng_earth.jpg

Fire Elemental Construct-
ng_fire.jpg

Inphidian Rattler-
ng_rattler.jpg

Dream Spectre-
ng_spectre.jpg

All images in this post copyright 2005 White Wolf Publishing. All rights reserved.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I'm always open to discussion for more pay work. Especially for character illos.

Greylock

First Post
Beautiful! I like them all, but especially the Blood Wight and the angel. Doesn't seem right that they'll end up b/w, but I guess that's the price of getting a book published. Thanks for letting us see them as they are meant to be.

Kathaer

First Post
i love to create strange characters, something like a Pixie who believes to be a Smurf.. or a Mathusalem warrior... or ...a cook Dwarf (which i called "Mon The Cook" ehheehh) so, if you need to draw crazy things, write me here or at ethamir@walla.com

In advance. I LOVE YOUR STYLE! YOUR HANDS ARE TOUCHED BY GODS! ... OR EVIL.. ;) eghgege maybe you'll lose your soul... or... you'll be appreciated for your realism in hell ^_^

Soel

First Post
I love the Corpse Orgy and the Dream Spectre (the color/texture on the wisps trailing off is fantastic.)

When does this book come out?

Eric Lofgren

First Post
Bobitron- Thanks. I hope you like what you find at my site :)

Krug- Thank you. It's a Corpse Orgy. What else can you say.

Greylock- Thanks. Those two are my favourites as well. as for the colour, yah, I can imagine the cost of that. But since these are slated to see print in Necromancer's Games Tome of Horrors III there will be a lot of satisfaction in seeing these just in greys as well.

Kathaer- Thank you. Yes, the angel piece got a lot of attention from me. I really enjoyed that one for the wings. And I'd be very happy to discuss any character artwork you need, through e-mails. But I'm afraid I can't take on anything that doesn't include pay at this point. Although I'm always open to negotiations.

Andrew D. Gable- Thank you. The Rattler was fun to do what with all the armour.

Frukathka- Thank you for that :)

Soel- Thanks. The Dream Spectre took a lot of work if only because he was so minimal in design. A creature composed of black shadows doesn't get to be too showy too often :) As for when the book's coming out, I haven't found out just yet. When I get the opportunity I'll post here when I do find out.

Remove ads