• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Illustrations

Tetsubo

First Post
Another version of the flamberge...

Attachments

• wavesword2.jpg
    wavesword2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 167

Tetsubo

First Post
Ferret said:
The sword with the studed handle? The most recent? Thank you :)

Here's the first rendering done based on your sword...

Attachments

• requested rendering sword 47 - sm.jpg
    requested rendering sword 47 - sm.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 169

Ferret

Explorer
Wow, yay! If he does [perfectionist] Make sure the handle is round, and the middle bit is inset not outset like the one above.[/perfectionist]

Last edited:

tbit

First Post
Here's the first rendering done based on your sword...

I am going to be the first, and probably only, voice of dissent here. Unto itself the rendering is pretty good, but I prefer the original drawing's intent.

The original's hilt seems rounded with the studs added for additional frictional support, while the area where a tang would be has the illusion that steel grows from the wood that the hilt is wrapped in.

Without sounding too facetious and no insult meant to the skilled renderer, I think the rendered image looks an awful lot like french steak knives. :D

Tetsubo

First Post
Ferret said:
I was trying to be kind, but you make a point.:(

The person that rendered the sketch is, like myself, a volunteer. At some point I may take up doing renders myself. But at the moment I do not have the funds to buy a good piece of software nor the time to learn to use it. Until then the aid you receive... is the aid you receive.

I apologize for being harsh. I just awoke from a nightmare.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads