• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Illustrations

Tetsubo

First Post
The striking head actually has six spheres in a radial pattern.

Attachments

• mace07.jpg
    mace07.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 158

Tetsubo

First Post
Whip Sword. The idea behind it is a long, thin sword made of a highly flexible metal. So flexible
that it can wrap over a shield and strike the holder. The grip is designed for a three fingered hand.

Attachments

• sword49.jpg
    sword49.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 149

catdragon

Explorer
Whip sword

Tetsubo said:
Whip Sword. The idea behind it is a long, thin sword made of a highly flexible metal. So flexible
that it can wrap over a shield and strike the holder. The grip is designed for a three fingered hand.

Very cool. Thanks!

I was thinking about this sword as i tyried to go to sleep last night. if a weilder tried to his a shield so that the edge would whip around and strike the target for damage, how would the edges be laid out? I assume by hitting the shield the sword "flattens" against the edge. Thus the flat of the blade would hit the owner of the shield.

Am i think right? Can someone a little more familiar with the actual mechanics of sword fighting answer this?

However, thanks for the sketch! It looks great and i can now show my players that sword that seems to defeat their shields. :cool:

tbit

First Post
Tetsubo said:

The person that rendered the sketch is, like myself, a volunteer. At some point I may take up doing renders myself. But at the moment I do not have the funds to buy a good piece of software nor the time to learn to use it. Until then the aid you receive... is the aid you receive.

And thus the way it should be. Being the dissenting bastard I always am, I always point out what I like and don't like... well, when I am not lurking. The renderer is very good and doing so on a VERY speedy schedule if I may say. Alas, that doesn't stop me from liking your sketches more :D

As for the whip sword....

Am i think right? Can someone a little more familiar with the actual mechanics of sword fighting answer this?

I am imagining this sword working like the blade in the video game Soul Calibre, which is segmented and attached all together by a fine wire at the centre of the blade. At key points in the battle, the wielder can release the blade to whip around opponents' guards.

And I also imagining a raging barbarian using the Close Quarters spear like a meat cleaver, two hands hacking, slashing and stabbing left and right. Brutal.

Ferret

Explorer
I like it as well.

Tetsubo, I do realise that the drawings are completely volunterry, I had no intention to smear there skills either. No offence meant.

Tetsubo

First Post
Ferret said:
I like it as well.

Tetsubo, I do realise that the drawings are completely volunterry, I had no intention to smear there skills either. No offence meant.

None take Ferret. Like I mentioned, I was in a fairly foul mood when I wrote that reply. I'm not fond of nightmares, especially ones that play off of childhood fears.

Glad you like the rendering.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads