• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Illustrations

Tetsubo

First Post
A bladed mace.

Attachments

• bladedmace.jpg
    bladedmace.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 463

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Chaufron of the Unicorn

Thanks for the great picture Tetsubo. While it isn't exactly how I envisioned the weapon, it was great to see someone else's interpretation. I'm going to use it as the official picture for the weapon.

Now, here's another magical item from one of my campaigns. This should be a challenge for ya. :)

Cheers!

KF72

--------------------------------------------------------------
Chaufron* of the Unicorn
This magical silver chaufron bestows the animal wearing it the intelligence of a unicorn. The chaufron has a metal horn like a unicorn's built into its design, which is etched with runic writing. The item is the creation of the silver elves of the Great Forest of Harqual for their most prized mounts. Silver elves never allow these magical chaufrons to be used by any other race, not even other elves.

While the chaufron doesn't change the mount's alignment, armor class, or damage rolls it does allow the mount to attack with the chaufron's horn as a unicorn would with it's horn. The horn is considered a +1 magical weapon and does 1d8 damage** plus the mount's strength bonus.

Note that the chaufrom automatically resizes to fit any animal or beast usually used as a mount. However, it cannot be worn by magical creatures or humanoids.

* I'm assuming you know what this is. If you don't then let me know.
** Double the damage if the mount is in a charge.

Last edited:

Tetsubo

First Post
Would something similar to this work?

I don't know if I want to draw mail. :)

Attachments

• n001.jpg
    n001.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Tetsubo said:
Would something similar to this work?

I don't know if I want to draw mail. :)

That would work. What the heck is that plate piece called? I can't remember... cuz a chaufron is like you said, mail.

Anyone got the old AD&D Arms and Equipment guide or a real world book on armor?

BTW Tetsubo, where'd you get that image? It rocks!

Cheers!

KF72

Tetsubo

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:

That would work. What the heck is that plate piece called? I can't remember... cuz a chaufron is like you said, mail.

Anyone got the old AD&D Arms and Equipment guide or a real world book on armor?

BTW Tetsubo, where'd you get that image? It rocks!

Cheers!

KF72

I don't remember where I got it, sorry. I've been collecting armour images for years.

Dover publishes a book of public domain images. You can get it through B&N I believe. That might have what you need.

Tetsubo

First Post
I was at a stop light on Friday afternoon. I noticed an auto parts truck next to me. On it's side was a Federated Auto Parts logo. That logo inspired this picture. I call it an Elven Glaive.

Attachments

• elvenglaive.jpg
    elvenglaive.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 450

Tetsubo

First Post
This image came out of pondering what a tonfa might look like if it had a blade. I see it being used in pairs in a boxing like form. I call it a Horned Fist.

Attachments

• hornedfist.jpg
    hornedfist.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 425

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads