I'm not allowed to watch Star Trek any more

Mallus

Legend
What the bell is “Pluto TV”? I’ve never heard of it!
It’s a free, ad-supported streaming service that mixes a bunch of “channels” with on-demand content. Like free (basic) cable TV, but online. Available through a browser and dedicated apps for most devices.

It has a classic Doctor Who channel I watch sometimes.

Ryujin

Legend
It’s a free, ad-supported streaming service that mixes a bunch of “channels” with on-demand content. Like free (basic) cable TV, but online. Available through a browser and dedicated apps for most devices.

It has a classic Doctor Who channel I watch sometimes.
I typically use it for crappy SciFi movies (usually made by "The Asylum"), old black and white classic movies and serials, and for harder to find TV series ("The Dresden Files", Robocop", "The Dead Zone"). Recently rewatched the old 1965 "Doctor Who and the Daleks" movie starring Peter Cushing on it.

GreyLord

Legend
What the bell is “Pluto TV”? I’ve never heard of it!
You beat me to it. I just read about this just now and came here to post in this thread about it.

Pluto TV link

You might need a VPN depending on where you are to say you are from somewhere else.

It came on my phone by default as well, so it's an app to watch TV from.

MarkB

Legend
You beat me to it. I just read about this just now and came here to post in this thread about it.

Pluto TV link

You might need a VPN depending on where you are to say you are from somewhere else.

It came on my phone by default as well, so it's an app to watch TV from.
I gave it a test run watching an episode of Mythbusters. It seems pretty accessible, and the ads aren't too obnoxious - just two regular TV-style ad breaks during the course of the episode.

MarkB

Legend
Hmm, having been too late to tune in on Pluto TV at 9pm, it appears that they're only providing the episodes on their live service - no pause, no rewind. How very last-millennium.

So, do I tune in at 9pm tomorrow and just watch it through live, or buy the episodes for a few quid? Decisions, decisions.

GreyLord

Legend
Hmm, having been too late to tune in on Pluto TV at 9pm, it appears that they're only providing the episodes on their live service - no pause, no rewind. How very last-millennium.

So, do I tune in at 9pm tomorrow and just watch it through live, or buy the episodes for a few quid? Decisions, decisions.

How do you see the schedule for PlutoTV?

Remove ads