I'm not allowed to watch Star Trek any more

Orius

Legend
We’ve been watching for some time. And Discovery is a Trek with a really bleak view of the far future now that they’ve catapulted way into the future. It’s worse than Cyberpunk in that sense.
Discovery's feel was off even in the first season. The Klingons always felt off, and there were a lot of places were things were just too dark for Trek. DS9 is the only time Trek successfully questioned and deconstructed itself while still remaining Trek.

In spite of that, I still think it's better than Voyager....

tomBitonti

Adventurer
It's got quite difficult to not have a phone. Trust me, I held out until last year. Im not talking about social media either. Paypal, rideshare, GPS directions, email, etc... Folks can pound their chest about the good old days and how it was better, though honestly, such folks are so behind in the race they think they are leading.
I’ve always found iphones to be decent devices … except they are terrible phones.
TomB

Ryujin

Legend
I’ve always found iphones to be decent devices … except they are terrible phones.
TomB
Most smart phones seem to be terrible phones, probably because they're pocket computing devices first and foremost. We got the Pocket Secretary from Shadowrun 1e, but never got the Sixth World.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
TomB
Not that I get involved with the weird mobile phone brands as religion camps out there, but as an aside I rarely actually use my phone as a phone. That’s the least of its functions for me.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I've often wondered what percentage of the time the average smartphone is used as an actual phone.
I can't imagine it's a terribly big fraction.
Well, I’m ok with their non-phone uses. The current iPhone cameras are great. I just wish they were better phones. The ergonomics are terrible and the speaker and microphone placement are lousy. And the volume upper limit is quite low. And the phone UI can use improvements. And call hand-off between devices often fails.
TomB

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I've often wondered what percentage of the time the average smartphone is used as an actual phone.
I actually use it a lot. It took me years to have the ability to call without limits, so I make as much use of it as I can.

GreyLord

Legend

I generally only use my phone as a phone. If I want to play around instead, I'll use a tablet (larger size).

1. Easier for my eyes to see
2. Keeps phone business on the phone and fun off of business
3. Easier for my eyes to see it
4. Keeps my phone charged longer
5. Easier on my eyes to see it
6. When I do use my phone it keeps me focused on the business at hand, keeps business and other things separated out
7. Easier for my eyes to see it.

Did I mention that a large tablet makes it easier for my older eyes to see things on?

My phone came with a lot of apps though (one which was Pluto TV), same with the tablets. Do not use most of the apps on the phone, but I do use several on my tablet.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases