D&D 5E I'm not saying it's just an easy caravan guard job, but... (LMoP) (IC)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Just for clarification, how are you going to trigger the trap? And to clarify the trap further, the log swings down horizontally, set to hit a medium-sized character at about the mid-torso (and, naturally, miss a small character).

OOC: That was how I envisioned the trap. The rope crosses the path, and will be affixed at both ends to something to keep the rope off the ground. OH will go to the side, lie prone (if six o'clock would lie in the log's path, he'll stay this side of the trajectory, perhaps angled at 4 o'clock), and (since he's not a lock picker or whatever) try to trigger the trap (poking it with his club, or whatever seems reasonable).

OOC: That was how I envisioned the trap. The rope crosses the path, and will be affixed at both ends to something to keep the rope off the ground. OH will go to the side, lie prone (if six o'clock would lie in the log's path, he'll stay this side of the trajectory, perhaps angled at 4 o'clock), and (since he's not a lock picker or whatever) try to trigger the trap (poking it with his club, or whatever seems reasonable).
Alright, you're lying on the ground, about to hit a rope with your club

Make a Wisdom save.

Everyone else, you can sort-of see what Henry is doing, but the reason is somewhat obscured. By trees.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Overton springs the trap (successfully?) and waits for comparative silence to resume in the forest. Assuming that happens, he then stands up and carefully continues down the road.

Shortly thereafter, you come to a tower. Of sorts. It sits against a cave entrance, and is built of stone, crude mortar, and various trees. A decent hit or two with a catapult would probably collapse the whole thing.

But it is, indeed, a tower. With rocks placed on top as some sort of battlements.

And two goblins looking right at you, and the sound of snoring behind them.

"A'riot, then", the goblin on the left calls. "Shaddup and prepare to get stabbed!"

The goblin on the right slaps him on the back of the head. "Yo're not doin' it riot! Like this!"

"As tress...trez...tre...yer on Goblin Nation proepertee, so hand over all yo're stuff! Ge'up, Geoff, ya lazy bones!"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[sblock=ooc]Is anyone else still here? I know you are, Random Bystander, but I feel we may be alone.[/sblock]

Idunn

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Lana and I are withdrawing from the game, sorry. It's been a few stressful weeks, and even if the game picks up, I'm afraid I won't have the presence of mind to remember checking in. Best of luck to ya, though![/sblock]

Previously, I had thought my log-in had been temporarily misplaced in installation of Windows 10, and I'd have to wait to log in again. As it turns out, I am logging in automatically.

If anyone is wondering, triple-booting Linux, Windows 7, and Windows 10 is not a trivial task, nor is it one I've accomplished as of yet.

I think perhaps I should declare this laid to rest, and try again when I, at least, have less going on.

I apologize again, to everyone.

Remove ads