D&D 5E I'm not saying it's just an easy caravan guard job, but... (LMoP) (OOC)

Idunn

First Post
2 (two) boxes of Dwarven Hardtack. Which keeps for years, and has been known to take that long to chew (hyperbole)

It sounds like wood, iron, rope and some sort of hard wood from the sounds it makes when the wagon moves. But then, anyone who's had Dwarven Hardtack knows that it goes "thunk" when it hits the table.

If we think long and hard about this, I'm sure we can find a good use for something in that list. I'll chew on the matter a bit, mull it over, and once we've whetted it properly, I imagine it won't be quite as tough.

Lana

First Post
If we think long and hard about this, I'm sure we can find a good use for something in that list. I'll chew on the matter a bit, mull it over, and once we've whetted it properly, I imagine it won't be quite as tough.
Don't eat our merchandise

Note that you're being paid to deliver all of it, and are legally responsible for all of it arriving. Signs of tampering, missing supplies, or other such incidents would tend to be viewed dimly - Although intended use, such as saving lives, saving your employer's lives, or making sure the shipment arrives at all, are common examples of large legal leeway.

Although not all of you may necessarily know that, but there's a lot of common social, (and legal where such a system exists) exemptions for exceptional circumstances.

For example, going into a tomb with the intent of prying magic swords and coinage from the cold, dead hands of someone's ancestors is grave-robbing, and is viewed appropriately. Going into a tomb filled with undead and prying their equipment and coins from their re-inhumed hands is considered just recompense for your effort, and also a reminder to any extend descendants to not let a grave fall into such disrepair and unhallowed state that undead can arise.

And, of course, if no living descendents are known, or you have a charter from said descendents, retrieving items from ancient ruins is entirely within most social and legal bounds.

If that is too long to read, simply, yes, you are responsible for the shipment, but using it to save innocent lives, especially your employers, means that even if your employer were inclined to bring suit, no judge in Neverwinter would be inclined to hear the case, and there's a decent chance they'd order you be paid extra for going to extra effort and risk.

And your employer does not seem like an idiot, a cheapskate, or a lunatic. So sure, if it's something you think will help with this problem, crack open those crates.

Just remember it's not a looting expedition. :)

Edit: Also, you don't definitively know if your employer is in trouble.

Spoilers. Nothing to see here. Keep OOC, OOC. :p :)

Idunn

First Post
Oh, I was actually just taking the opportunity to come up with some tasteless puns. My humour is a bit dry most of the time. But hey! Lots of good information for us to explo..it.. explore, that's the word! ;)

Lana

First Post
Kel had been daydreaming and humming to himself when they came upon the sight of the dead horses. was the path blocked? Was this a trap? he thought. Swiftly he draws his bow and starts scanning the surrounds.

"Well that has ruined a nice day!" he laughs.

[roll0]
So where do you make a dice roll? is there a way to know we're not cheating?

No roll for me on searching clues or anything?

So where do you make a dice roll? is there a way to know we're not cheating?

No roll for me on searching clues or anything?
I appear to be rolling low on Int and Wis checks this week. I would normally link to Invisible Castle, but it is giving me 503 errors. http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://invisiblecastle.com/ reports it as down, as well.

If anyone has an easy-to-use alternative, please post it.

Well, you could search for clues while the Goblins shoot arrows at you. I wouldn't really recommend it, though. :)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
There is a dice roller linked to this site. you type "[ roll ]" and "[ /roll ]" with no spaces and between those two, again with no spaces you type what you want to roll, e.g. "1d20+5"

Easy!

Skarsgard

Explorer
There is a dice roller linked to this site. you type "[ roll ]" and "[ /roll ]" with no spaces and between those two, again with no spaces you type what you want to roll, e.g. "1d20+5"

Easy!

What they said! :) I like the site's roller because as [MENTION=6702095]Random Bystander[/MENTION] mentioned, some of the others are down a fair bit.

Idunn

First Post
What they said! :) I like the site's roller because as @Random Bystander mentioned, some of the others are down a fair bit.

[roll0]Initiative

Bless bonuses
[roll1]Kel
[roll2]Lana
[roll3]Overton

The rolls didn't seem to work on my posts. Just tossing a quick test to see if I'll get it working on a second post

EDIT: Here it worked. Is it because I edited my post or something like that? I was writing in 'quick reply' and changed to advanced before posting, then edited to add the rolls

EDIT2: trying to add a roll: [roll]1d20[/roll]

Seems like that might have been it. Is there some way to retrieve/view rolls done on a post? If not, I guess we'll go with these rolls and I'll make sure not to overlook the rolls in the IC thread next time.

Also! Any chance you can draw those goblins on your map? How many goblins are there, how close, etc? I'd love me some details B-)

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Yes -- you need to put the roll in the initial time you post; it can't be added afterwards (no cheating!)
If you "go advanced" with your posts, you need to add the roll after that, not before.

Remove ads