D&D 5E I'm not saying it's just an easy caravan guard job, but... (LMoP) (OOC)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Good. yes.

My experience with these things is that things always get bogged down in combat, and that the DM's job is to ensure things keep rolling then.

Can't wait. Come on, more players.

Idunn

First Post
[sblock="That's apples, mate"] give-teacher-apple-e1366744633261.png[/sblock]

Side effects of giving this teacher an apple may include nausea, itching, immortality, an elevated heart rate, and a general misunderstanding of intentions and rules.

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

[sblock= Felina Barterstone, half-elf bard 1]CN Half-Elf Bard
Level 1

Abilities:
STR 8 (-1) [0 points]
DEX 14 (+2) [5 points +1 race]
CON 12 (+1) [4 points]
INT 12 (+1) [4 points]
WIS 14 (+2) [5 points, +1 race]
CHA 17 (+3) [9 points, +2 race]

Size M
Speed 30
AC 13
Init +2
Hit Points: 9 (1d8)

Proficiency bonus: +2
Proficiencies: light armor; simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Saves: DEX, CHA
Skills: Acrobatics, Insight, Perception, Performance, Persuasion, Sleight of Hand, Stealth
Tools: Flute, Lute, Viol, Horn, Thieves' Tools
Languages: Common, Elvish, Dwarvish

Attacks:
Rapier, 1d20+4 1d8+2 piercing
Dart, 1d20+4 1d4+2 piercing

Background: Second Story Entertainer
Routine: Instrumentalist

Race abilities:
* Darkvision 60'
* Fey Ancestry - advantage on saves vs charm & magic can't cause sleep

Class abilities:
* Spellcasting
- Cantrips: Blade Ward, Friends
- Level 1: Charm Person, Detect Magic, Healing Word, Heroism
- Spell save DC: 11
- Spell attack modifier: 5
* Bardic Inspiration - 3/day; d6; bonus action range 60'

Skills
+4 (dex) Acrobatics
+2 (wis) Animal Handling
+1 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
+3 (cha) Deception
+1 (int) History
+4 (wis) Insight
+3 (cha) Intimidation
+1 (int) Investigation
+2 (wis) Medicine
+1 (int) Nature
+4 (wis) Perception
+5 (cha) Performance
+5 (cha) Persuasion
+1 (int) Religion
+4 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+4 (dex) Stealth
+2 (wis) Survival

Characteristics:
Personality: I know a story relevant to almost every situation; I change my mood or my mind as quickly as I change key in a song.
Ideal: Creativity - The world is in need of new ideas and bold actions.
Bond: I want to be famous, whatever it takes.
Flaw: I'll do anything to win fame and renown.

Equipment:
Leather (10gp, 10#)
Rapier (25gp, 2#)
20 Darts (1gp, 5#)
Traveller's Clothes (2gp, 4#)
Thieves' Tools (25gp, 1#)
Lute (35gp, 2#)
Horn (3gp, 2#)
Flute (2gp, 1#)
Backpack (2gp, 5#)
15gp

total weight: 32#
Carrying capacity: 120#

Background: At an early age Felina knew that she was destined for something. She never thought that her petty crimes would amount to much. But with her natural musical talent and striking looks she was able to get things done that others found difficult. She enjoyed seducing men to get things she wanted but quickly became bored of that. So she started picking pockets and locks. This she found much more exhilarating. That is until she was caught and had to serve time. Since then she has "tried" to go on the straight in narrow. But old habits are hard to break. She has started trying to use her talents for good. She tries to only rob from the rich and give to the poor. But with her lifestyle she is generally the poor in most cases. So she ends up keeping what she pilfers for her self most of the time. Her latest endeavor is to try to get in with a group of adventurers in hopes that there is safety in numbers.[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Idunn

First Post
I'll keep my storage of salt ready for if the IC thread freezes, but until then.. silly puns are fun.

[sblock="Idun avatar"]cleric_by_shade_of_nekura.jpg[/sblock]
That's the avatar I used. I imagine her some 6ft tall, fairly sturdy build, somewhere in the mid-20s. A bit clumsy, but not overly so. Relatively deep, calm voice, and a tone that often borders unintentionally on sarcasm.

Last edited:

Idunn

First Post
I'm guessing the bend would imply some high ground for others to take, as a vantage or ambush point? Or the horses etc. was just covered from sight by plantlife?

Do we know what our cargo consists of?

I'm guessing the bend would imply some high ground for others to take, as a vantage or ambush point? Or the horses etc. was just covered from sight by plantlife?

Do we know what our cargo consists of?
Your surroundings look something like this map I just sketched out in Paint:
Map.png
Except not at all like that, because your surroundings are not a birds-eye view of a map made in paint. But that should give you some sort of idea. There's a road, a hill (5' elevation per irregular shape), brush and trees, and a red 'X' marks the dead horses spot. And a distance marker. Not to scale.

The wax seals on the nailed-shut crates mark them as authenticated at Neverwinter as:

2 (two) boxes of picks.
2 (two) boxes of shovels.
2 (two) boxes of spades.
2 (two) boxes of rope and climbing gear.
1 (one) box of woodworking tools.
1 (one) box of tool iron.
2 (two) boxes of Dwarven Hardtack. Which keeps for years, and has been known to take that long to chew (hyperbole)

It sounds like wood, iron, rope and some sort of hard wood from the sounds it makes when the wagon moves. But then, anyone who's had Dwarven Hardtack knows that it goes "thunk" when it hits the table.

Remove ads