• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm playing an Incubus... (HELP!)

VoidDragon

First Post
The title does give a general explanation of the situation. Our group started a new campaign (Homebrew everything) and one of the player's characters is a cleric of the god of lust/beauty/something. The player is funny, and his (faked) lack of maturity is generally amusing. I jokingly asked if I could play an Incubus and the DM said yes.

I built the Incubus (2nd level) from Savage Species and I've discussed what exactly an Incubus does with the female players. They are all okay with it, as they've known me for some time.

I picked a Half-Elf Male as my first alternate form and have been paying special attention to the party's Half-Elven Ranger. So far it's going well. My character is generally acting like a Nice Guy (tm) and her's seems enamored with mine.

This is not an adult game, though the players are very mature. Scenes would fade-to-black. I just have no idea what to do honestly. What's my main goal as an Incubus? I'm the most experienced player there, so no one else seemed to know.

Stormborn

Explorer
Is it safe to guess that this is a game with Evil PCs? If so the advice of the others is well founded, but more specifically your job is to get good mortals to commit evil acts for the sake of sex. (Personally if I were to play such a character I would have no trouble simply modelling the behavior of a certain Ex-Girlfriend, just male. You likely either know your own version, or can find a reasonable example from TV/Movies. The hot guy/gal that uses their looks to manipulate others.) You don't even have to have sex with them, just get them to do things in the hopes of having sex with you. Start off small and build. With other PCs take the long slow path, playing female (and if need be male) PCs off of one another as they try to win your favor and attention. Having sex with them right away is the worst thing you can do.
You are likely vain, but not the point that it annoys most people, and jealous of other's whose looks cannot possibly compare to yours but might destract potential prey. You choose treasure not based on its worth, but on how good it looks on you. You encourage others to give into physical desires, or to act on lust, even when you are not the target, as it is a step toward their corruption. The thing you hate most in the world is True Love - a realtionship thats not based on superficialites but on a real commited relationship - and you will do everything in your power to destroy it. Your greatest fear, one you can't even contemplate, is to be trapped in such a relationship, or to be under anothers power because you have chosen to do so for what ever reason. Anything that makes you beholden to another is something to be gotten out of as quickly as possible. Even in non-sexual relationships you want to have the other hand, the dominate role. Seduction is more than just sex, its power. Not power that comes through force, but power that comes from influence and corruption.

Now, if its NOT a game with Evil PCs and you are trying for the path of redemption, so much the better IMO. In that case you likely only know how to relate to other through manipulation and deciet, but are trying really really hard to change. Claudia Black's Vala on Stargate SG-1 comes to mind. You can't hep being pretty.

taliesin15

First Post
Some suggested works for inspiration:
the film Wedding Crashers
nearly ANY hiphop song that involves how to be a player
Shakespeare's Richard III
Casanova
Tom Jones (the novel, or maybe even the singer for that matter--what a coup if you could get vestal virgins to throw their knickers at ya)
countless operas have stories about Cads who womanize

this should be easy...

sckeener

First Post
Get the Fiendish Codex I Hordes of the Abyss. The frist part will give you some guidelines on the general types of behavior.

I'd either go with the corrupter or the manipulator. The other example roles for demons are Assassins, Brutes, and Overlords. I think you can rule out the brute. Remember though you are a PC and the typical Incubus isn't you. Even if you are playing CE, you don't have to 'screw' over the party. Use them as shields, be nice to them, and 'screw' over everyone else. Who you like and love aren't ruled by your head, so consider that you 'like' (or love) the party...just the party shouldn't expect you to be a saint....

though there is a Paladin Succubus on the wotc site...

painandgreed

First Post
Had an incubbus in my last game. He mainly worked on his own political power and such. He rarely cared about treasure and never even took any of the money (because he coudl usually talk anybody into givign him anything). In the end, he only owned a few magic items but they were very powerful. He would seduce anybody that seemed appealing to him but that was usually just because of his nature, but would often use that to get items or favors from them. He would also corrupt people, but that was again just because of his nature. Most of the campaign was spent fighting other demons and devils in self defence and simply moving up the bad guy chain of command in attempt to increase our power and wealth. Our game also started at 6th level so the incubbus came in possibly arond 8th level so he had more powers to play with and didn't have to deal with lower levels.

In general, ingratiate yourself into existing power structures and use them to fullfill your desires. The incubbus has some great powers for RP and social games, it seems fairly unsuited for your typical dungeon adventures. Ours tried to act as a fighter when needed but typically didn't have the BAB, HP, or such to pull if off too well. Socially, he ruled, especially after he got teleport and was able to port around the world and put all the favors, influence, and information he had been gathering to use in short order to affect world politics.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads