• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E I'm so excited (and I just can't hide it)

Ichneumon

First Post
I'm also in my 40s, have played D&D of one sort or another since 1983, but would never sacrifice my composure over ... dammit, Wizards, just release the books already so I can get some dignity back! :D

fjw70

Adventurer
I'm also in my 40s, have played D&D of one sort or another since 1983, but would never sacrifice my composure over ... dammit, Wizards, just release the books already so I can get some dignity back! :D

I am so excited I am Dancing on the Ceiling and Walking on Sunshine at the same time.

Yep, I'm excited. I'm even going to get the Starter Set, just for that nostalgic intro boxed set feeling (and hope I can find people to share it with!) When the PHB be is out, I'll be able to get my gamer friends into it, and after the DMG...mega campaign to come!

:D

Libramarian

Adventurer
A few things are preventing me from getting excited:

- are they planning edition 5.5 already? I hate half editions.

- is this digital toolset thing going to discourage homebrew content, even a little bit?

- how is this community marketplace thing going to work? it would be awesome if everything were free to access but WotC gave micropayments to the authors based on views/downloads. That would be a nice compromise between the OGL vanity publishing glut and the slave labor of videogame modding communities.

- why did Monte Cook leave?

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
I'm so excited that my 5E campaign has already started (using the playtest materials; we'll tweak anything we need to after we get the books). I haven't run a campaign (only one-shots) in over 10 years. We're starting with Vault of the Dracolich and I'm going to see where the Rise of Tiamat stuff takes us.

My heart tells me to get the "core three" books immediately upon release; my brain is saying "wait for the 2nd printing." I don't know who's going to win yet. I've made a deal with myself to try and subsist on the Starter Set, the Cult of the Dragon adventures, and whatever materials WOTC makes available for free as long as I can.

But that PHB is going to be mighty tempting the first time I visit a bookstore....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads