I'ma moooonster! BUILDER!

jeffh

Adventurer
Unfortunately, it doesn't use the new monster mathematics for damage, etc.
Are you KIDDING me?!? That's been around for well over a year, it's not as though that change snuck up on them. Trust WotC to take the one thing I've been waiting for that might have made me resubscribe, and mess it up with a stupid rookie mistake. I don't understand how it's possible for them to be this incompetent.

I mean, I'm sure I can edit it manually (or if I can't, that's an even worse problem). There are situations where I would need to do so anyway. But just setting up a monster at the default values the current rules say I should be using isn't one of them, or rather, it shouldn't be.

Last edited:

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
The stuff from MME (specifically the artifacts) gave the compendium formatting fits. As a result, they will be getting added into DDI in OCtober.

Also, there is one bug in the MB that will cause it to crash: If you use a non-standard damage die (1d2, 1d3, 1d5, etc) the MB gets uppity and pitches a fit. The DDI devs are aware and are working on it. No word on the time it will take, nor if it will be taken down or if it can be hotpatched in.
Rats, I was looking forward to changing some things on some of my characters.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Seems pretty good to me, other than the math. Mind boggling about the math. But, man, I needed this to come back. Now I just need them to do the math right. Why isn't the math updated?

But, it sure seems easy to use.

the Jester

Legend
Unfortunately, it doesn't use the new monster mathematics for damage, etc.

Jesus Christ, are you serious?

Still no ability to export as rtf file? Guess its a tiny step forward but still not as good as the offline tool. :(

JESUS CHRIST! Are you serious???

Seriously, these two things are absolutely basic to this piece of software. ABSOLUTELY BASIC. So now instead of the "Monster Slider", we have a Monster Builder that doesn't do the work right and won't let you put that monster in an adventure you're writing.

For God's sake, please let them make these two issues absolute priorities- WHO CARES if you crash it with a d5??? Fix the usability issues first.

Jesus F. Christ. This- I've been waiting for months for the new MB to actually, you know, build monsters, and now it's still worse than the offline one which we had a year and a half ago??

I want to resub to DDI. I want to feel like I'd be getting my money's worth. I know (well, I've heard) that Dungeon and Dragon have improved. But for God's sake, this is the real deal maker/breaker for me. And right now, it's a breaker.

Scribble

First Post
Odd that they use the old damage, but I'm guessing they had all that stuff build/coded before the damage change happened, and to go back and fix it would screw up the timelines, so they decided get X portion in place then go back and update.

It's pretty slick though, aside from that. Once they get the damage numbers updated it'll be pretty cool me thinks.

Remove ads