Immortals Handbook: Ascension 3.5E Print version...do you want one?

I'm the digital man.... do you have the digital format to buy now?
Really. Wow! I don't know how these companies are getting such low shipping rates.

When I researched posting my graphic novel a year or two ago there was definitely savings to be made doing bulk shipping (setting up a Business Parcel Delivery Account, where you ship more than 20 items each week.). Presumably when you scale that up in factors incrementally the postage costs keep coming down and down.

Actually, I just went back online to the Royal Mail and its telling me international parcel delivery to the USA is approx. $10 (for under 1 kg - the girl at my post office weighed it at 800 grams or something around that).

So something is totally amiss here. Maybe I just need to open a Business account with the Royal Mail to get this different rate.

Looking at their official pdf. (where I assume I have to add item + weight costs - its not totally clear)

Under Non-personal Correspondence Parcels
Untracked to USA = $15
Tracked to USA = $21

Under Legacy Zonal Services International Business Tracked & Signed to the USA they are saying = $29 (and change) which seems identical to the figure I was given.

I wasn't given untracked or simply just the tracked option at the post office.

I dunno. At this point getting the Printer to fulfill the book shipping seems the best option anyway.
I'm the digital man.... do you have the digital format to buy now?

Really. Wow! I don't know how these companies are getting such low shipping rates.

When I researched posting my graphic novel a year or two ago there was definitely savings to be made doing bulk shipping (setting up a Business Parcel Delivery Account, where you ship more than 20 items each week.). Presumably when you scale that up in factors incrementally the postage costs keep coming down and down.

Actually, I just went back online to the Royal Mail and its telling me international parcel delivery to the USA is approx. $10 (for under 1 kg - the girl at my post office weighed it at 800 grams or something around that).

So something is totally amiss here. Maybe I just need to open a Business account with the Royal Mail to get this different rate.

Looking at their official pdf. (where I assume I have to add item + weight costs - its not totally clear)

Under Non-personal Correspondence Parcels
Untracked to USA = $15
Tracked to USA = $21

Under Legacy Zonal Services International Business Tracked & Signed to the USA they are saying = $29 (and change) which seems identical to the figure I was given.

I wasn't given untracked or simply just the tracked option at the post office.

I dunno. At this point getting the Printer to fulfill the book shipping seems the best option anyway.
You can autograph the digital model ^^

Hey all, got a quick response from Mixam.

Unfortunately they don't do fulfillment on order numbers below 500. However, they can do split shipping and (for example) send half the copies to one address (such as me in the UK) and half to another address (in the USA for instance). However, I am not massively sure how that helps the immediate situation at hand.

Hypothetically I could just upload the new Ascension files to Drivethru and then enable the print version Hardcover copy from them. Of course those books are not at the same quality. But at least they would be affordable. At this point I am looking at around $56 a copy to just break even posting to the USA. Which seems utterly crazy. I presume the Drivethru post costs to the USA are minimal. If I put the book on sale for $30 you guys could probably grab one for $35-40 I'm guessing.

As I recall, it's $4.50 plus tax, unless you're ordering a very large number of print products.

Thanks for that info buddy! :)

It may be the most frugal way to go for you guys in the USA.

They seem to have multiple printing options. However, while I would like to go for the silk effect pages, I think I would have to adopt the Premium Colour Option (since their is no Premium Black & White option). Which would mean I would have to sell it for closer to $49.95 - which seems extortionate for a B&W book of 192 pages. So I think $30 for the Hardcover B&W option is probably best for this book. I am still going to grab a few copies via Mixam just to check out the quality. Once its on sale if any of you buy via Drivethru you can let me know what their quality is like.

Thanks for that info buddy! :)

It may be the most frugal way to go for you guys in the USA.

They seem to have multiple printing options. However, while I would like to go for the silk effect pages, I think I would have to adopt the Premium Colour Option (since their is no Premium Black & White option). Which would mean I would have to sell it for closer to $49.95 - which seems extortionate for a B&W book of 192 pages. So I think $30 for the Hardcover B&W option is probably best for this book. I am still going to grab a few copies via Mixam just to check out the quality. Once its on sale if any of you buy via Drivethru you can let me know what their quality is like.
I mean, I can't speak for everyone else, but I'll buy it full price, I really don't care.

I mean, I can't speak for everyone else, but I'll buy it full price, I really don't care.

Thanks buddy. Its no big deal though.

Ascension 2023 (lets call it) was borne out of me wanting a physical copy, plus me wanting to test Mixam's quality for potential future use.

While Mixam's printing costs come down the more you print they pretty much plateau after half a dozen. So the difference between printing say 7 copies and printing 27 copies is only about $3 per copy.

So you guys buying a copy from Drivethru will be better for you (financially by about $20-25) and also better for me (financially, by a few dollars at least). So the only issue at hand will be the quality of the final books.

Again I'd like to tick the Premium Quality for Drivethru (and have what I think is 'silk' pages - ie. standard RPG book quality) but their printing costs are so crazy (on Premium Quality) that at that point I may as well get Mixam to print them and ship them to you personally at the (equally crazy) +$30 postal costs.

I may actually buy a copy from Drivethru just to see side by side the difference.

The biggest takeaway from this experience though is finding out that Mixam only fulfill on orders of 500+. Given that I would be happy to sell a combined 500 (pdfs and print books of the Immortals handbook 5E) that may necessitate going to Print Ninja - who fulfill on orders of 250+ (assuming I can even hit 250 book sales).

Of course I am still thinking a possible partnership with an existing Publisher 'may' be the better option for the Kickstarter due to marketing issues. But I need to have progress further along before I explore my options.

Left to do the Kickstarter on my own I suspect it will take longer and be less successful, even though I would be reaping the full rewards myself.

Remove ads