Immortals Handbook Dot Com (Website Discussion, Wish List)

Anabstercorian

First Post
Not all of Orcus' Artifacts necessarily need to be of him. Perhaps it's appropriate for some of these to be things he's fought for, or items of significance in the Krustiverse, such as the Vanguard of Oblivion, a shield forged from the 0th dimension, or the Severed Loop, a half-ring representing the broken cycle of life and death that undeath represents.

Hi Anabstercorian mate! :)

Anabstercorian said:
Not all of Orcus' Artifacts necessarily need to be of him. Perhaps it's appropriate for some of these to be things he's fought for, or items of significance in the Krustiverse, such as the Vanguard of Oblivion, a shield forged from the 0th dimension, or the Severed Loop, a half-ring representing the broken cycle of life and death that undeath represents.

Exactly. But even artifacts not 'of' a deity invariably become 'one' with them over time. I think the artifacts and the deity will feed off each other.

One thing I have found from doing the deity write-ups this week is that the myth is only going to take you so far. I find myself cursing those immortals and heroes with less than four artifacts. Not to mention those with more than four are almost as vexing. :D

I like the idea of throwing in something 'off the wall' to shore up where the immortals artifact blindspot lies.

Attack; Defense; Boost; Miscellaneous being the four such cornerstones.

Hey Kalitharus dude! :)

Kalitharus said:
Put Surturs stats write-up on your website, for those of us who are'nt going to download the Acension PDF until it is 100% finished. ;)

I will indeed as soon as its finished.

You won't know this but the entry is 6 pages long:

1 = Surtur
2 = Stats for Surtur's Manifestation
3 = Avatars stats (Trying to get #3 and #4 on the same page if possible)
4 = Aspects stats
5 = Realm and Servants
6 = Clergy

Not all the immortals are detailed like this (some of the weaker ones don't have Avatars or Aspects or even a Realm, some of the more powerful ones - such as the cosmic types don't always have realms or clergy and so forth).

I was wanting to have

7 = Prestige Class

But I think that could be a bridge too far, given my update speed. :eek:

historian

First Post
Practical applications of relativity for RPGs

Hey U_K! :)

I hope you've been keeping well. Ascension is shaping up nicely.

I have been considering your work on the theory of superhero relativity and had a couple of specific questions.

My current tinkering has me focused on the DC Heroes RPG which I believe is a very good system for simulating comic book interaction, particularly at higher levels. Because my preferences run to Marvel, I have been converting several of Thor's supporting cast. I believe I've come up with a very good conversion model, asd I have been using your scale as proposed over at the classicmarvel.com

http://www.classicmarvel.com/phorum/read.php?3,17466,17513#msg-17513

1 = FE 2 = PR 3 = TY 4 = GD 5 = EX 6-7 = RM 8-9 = IN 10 = AM 11 = MN 12-15 = UN 16-21 = S-X 22-31 = S-Y 32-44 = S-Z 45-61 = CL 1000 62-81 = CL 3000 82-106 = CL 5000 107-133 = CL 10,000 134-163 = CL 30,000 164-198 = CL 50,000 199+ = Beyond

Under my model using your scale Surthur would deal 77 APs of damage with the Twilight Sword, or up to 154 APs of damage by pushing. Translated, this means if he pushes (doing 154 APs of damage) that he could obliterate the Earth in two hits, and seriously damage it with one.

I think this works great under Low-End showings, but what about High End showings. We know that Surtur on the High-End can all but obliterate galaxies. In order to obliterate galaxies with reliability one would need to be able to do roughly 408 APs of damage which yields a base AP of 204 (which could go to 408 with pushing). This leads to the following questions:

1. Are my conversions or the scale itself a bit off (I don't really think so but it's worth considering);

2. Would you advocate having two different versions of characters for each RPG campaign, one High-End and one Low?

3. Should we allow pushing to extend to limits beyond 2x?

4. Perhaps a median set of stats is in order?

Thanks in advance dude. :)

historian said:

Hi historian mate! :)

apologies for the slow reply.

historian said:
I hope you've been keeping well.

Not too bad thanks for asking.

historian said:
Ascension is shaping up nicely.

I appreciate the support.

historian said:
I have been considering your work on the theory of superhero relativity and had a couple of specific questions.

Okay, fire away.

historian said:
My current tinkering has me focused on the DC Heroes RPG which I believe is a very good system for simulating comic book interaction, particularly at higher levels. Because my preferences run to Marvel, I have been converting several of Thor's supporting cast. I believe I've come up with a very good conversion model, asd I have been using your scale as proposed over at the classicmarvel.com

Well for the record I only have a passing familiarity with the DC Heroes RPG. There used to be a great site on the net where some guy had posted up all the statst for every DC character - so I found that was invaluable. The site has been down for a while now though. :(

historian said:

Thats a real blast from the past. :D

historian said:
Under my model using your scale Surthur would deal 77 APs of damage with the Twilight Sword, or up to 154 APs of damage by pushing. Translated, this means if he pushes (doing 154 APs of damage) that he could obliterate the Earth in two hits, and seriously damage it with one.

Is 'pushin' a mechanic similar to red Shifting? Or do you just mean pushing in the literal sense?

historian said:
I think this works great under Low-End showings, but what about High End showings. We know that Surtur on the High-End can all but obliterate galaxies. In order to obliterate galaxies with reliability one would need to be able to do roughly 408 APs of damage which yields a base AP of 204 (which could go to 408 with pushing). This leads to the following questions:

Well remember that we never get to see if or how Surtur destroys a galaxy or indeed how long it takes him. The exploding galaxy may have triggered his release? So he may not have caused it.

historian said:
1. Are my conversions or the scale itself a bit off (I don't really think so but it's worth considering);

Seems okay.

historian said:
2. Would you advocate having two different versions of characters for each RPG campaign, one High-End and one Low?

No, I would just convert one based on how your campaign is setup.

If it mimics high end play then use that agenda.

historian said:
3. Should we allow pushing to extend to limits beyond 2x?

If it doesn't in the rules then I wouldn't, not without some sort of twink.

historian said:
4. Perhaps a median set of stats is in order?

I'd simply use the low-end stats.

historian said:
Thanks in advance dude. :)

Hope I was able to help a little. Its been a long time since I studied the DC Heroes game.

historian

First Post
Hi historian mate!

apologies for the slow reply.

No problem, your reply was very helpful. I think I have the kinks worked out.

Well for the record I only have a passing familiarity with the DC Heroes RPG. There used to be a great site on the net where some guy had posted up all the statst for every DC character - so I found that was invaluable. The site has been down for a while now though.

Here maybe?

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Maze/8681/table.html

Thats a real blast from the past.

:D

Is 'pushin' a mechanic similar to red Shifting? Or do you just mean pushing in the literal sense?

Red-shifting.

Well remember that we never get to see if or how Surtur destroys a galaxy or indeed how long it takes him. The exploding galaxy may have triggered his release? So he may not have caused it.

I think you're probably right.

Hope I was able to help a little. Its been a long time since I studied the DC Heroes game.

It was a big help. :)

Remove ads