D&D (2024) Implied Improvement: Eldritch Blast

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The absence of Eldritch Blast from the spell lists would seem to indicate that Eldritch Blast will now be a Warlock class feature, rather than a spell. That's an improvement, and helps the warlock protect its niche, with no easy poaching through feats, etc.

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
I wonder if they plan on going back to the 3.5 Warlock that had a damage progression akin to the Rogue's Sneak Attack? It was only 1 bolt, though, rather than 1-4 bolts depending on level.

The absence of Eldritch Blast from the spell lists would seem to indicate that Eldritch Blast will now be a Warlock class feature, rather than a spell. That's an improvement, and helps the warlock protect its niche, with no easy poaching through feats, etc.
But as a class feature it won’t combo with quicken spell….

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
That makes sense, since Eldritch Blast has typically been exclusive to Warlocks, but the new power source spell lists would make that exclusivity impossible if it were a spell.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I'd be fine if they went back to ''sneak attack'' scaling and bring back the different shapes at higher level.

I also hope they give Hex the same treatment as Hunter's Mark for the Ranger.

It'd be cool if each patron added a special thing to EB (ie: scale to d10 damage dice and change the type to fire, slow on hit, force teleport on hit etc)

Haplo781

Legend
I'd be fine if they went back to ''sneak attack'' scaling and bring back the different shapes at higher level.

I also hope they give Hex the same treatment as Hunter's Mark for the Ranger.

It'd be cool if each patron added a special thing to EB (ie: scale to d10 damage dice and change the type to fire, slow on hit, force teleport on hit etc)
I'd be fine just porting the 3.5 class in.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases