• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Breland's Name: The Xen'Drik Expedition (rekick this mule)

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Well here is my charater sheet, missing equipment and hp. Let me know if there are any problems
[sblock=Bel]Male changeling
CG (with neutral tendencies) medium humanoid (shapechanger)
Init +3; Senses Listen +4; Spot +4
Languages Common, auran, elven, halfling.

AC 16 (+3 studded leather armour, +3 Dex); Touch 13; Flat Footed 13
Hp ? (4d6+8)
Resistances +2 on saves Vs sleep and charm effects
Fort +3 (+1 base, +2 Fort)
Ref +4 (+1 base, +3 Dex)
Will +4, +6 Vs sleep and charm effects (+4 base)

Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk dagger +2 (1d4-1)
Ranged mwk light crossbow +6 (1d8)
Base Atk +2; Grp +1
Combat Gear: potion of cure light wounds (x4),

Spells known: level 0 – dancing lights, daze, detect magic, ghost sound, message, open/close, read magic.
Level 1st – charm person, colour spray, comprehend languages, detect secret doors, disguise self, expeditious retreat, hypnotism, mage armour, obscuring mist, rouse*, silent image, sleep, undetectable alignment, whelm*.
Level 2nd – blinding colour surge*, blur, daze monster, detect thoughts, fog cloud, glitterdust, hypnotic pattern, invisibility, knock, minor image, mirror image, misdirection, see invisibility, silence, spider climb, stay the hand, touch of idiocy, vertigo*, whelming burst*.
Spells Per Day level 0 – 6; level 1st – 7; level 2nd – 4.
Spell DC: 14 + spell level

Abilities Str 9; Dex 16; Con 14; Int 16; Wis 10; Cha 18

SQ Changeling racial traits (+2 on saves against sleep and charm; +2 Bluff, Intimidate, Sense Motive; Speak language as class skill; minor shape change [Su])

Class abilities: Armoured Mage: can cast spells while in light armour without incurring arcane spell failure chance
Trapfinding: as rogue
Cloaked casting: +1 spell save DC against flat-footed opponents
Surprise casting: when you successfully use the feint action in combat, your target is denied his Dex bonus to AC for the next melee attack or spell cast against it.
Advanced Learning: add +1 illusion/enchantment sor/wiz spell to spell list.

Feats: persona immersion, urban tracking
Skills: Balance 0 (+5), Bluff 6 (+12), Concentration 3 (+5), Decipher Script 1 (+4), Diplomacy 4 (+10), Disguise 1 (+5, +7 acting in character), Escape Artist 1 (+4), Forgery 1 (+4), Gather Information 5 (+9), Hide 5 (+8), Intimidate 0 (+8), Jump 5 (+6), Knowledge (arcana) 3 (+6), Knowledge (local: Sharn) 2 (+5), Listen 4 (+4), Move Silently 5 (+8), Open Lock 1 (+4), Search 1 (+4), Sense Motive 2 (+4), Sleight of Hand 1 (+6), Spellcraft 3 (+6), Spot 4 (+4), Tumble 5 (+10).
Possessions mwk light crossbow 335 gp
Mwk dagger 302 gp
Mwk studded leather armour 175 gp[/sblock]

[sblock=background]Appearance like all changelings, Bel’s features are indistinct and somewhat sinister, especially to non-changelings. When not in his natural aspect, he usually adopts the guise of a dark-haired male, attractive, though not overly-so (his race changes wit his mood and need).

Bel was always a troubled person. His youth was wasted in the streets of Sharn, where he was part of various gangs in the years he spent there, and his knowledge of the city is quite extensive. But as he grew older, and local shop owners got used to his modus operandi and his hunting grounds grew farther and farther apart, until he found himself leaving the city.
Unfortunately for him, he was conscripted into the Brelandish army as an irregular foot-trooper, though his skills were quickly noted and within a few months of his indoctrination, he was moved to a new regiment – the Brelandish 302nd, infiltrator and intelligence division. He spent a few years in training, developing his already manifesting talent for Spellcraft to appoint that it was serviceable to the army. This, coupled with his street-smart attitude and his innate ability to absorb whatever shown, made him a good trooper. In theory.
Despite his natural skills, he hated the role he was forced to serve and deserted, adopting whatever guise was best for him at the time, forging documents where necessary, and making his way across Khorvaire, doing odd jobs in small towns to buy him passage and lodging.
Recently, his wanderlust has brought him back to Sharn, where the glittering thought of X’endrik has enthralled his imagination…

Character: despite his knack with words, he speaks only when necessary and in a character fitting of the persona he is currently adopting. He prefers to listen to stories than to recount them, and his best friend is most likely a mug of ale at the end of the day (his race, along with his vagabond nature means he fins it hard to make friends, though he has always wanted to belong to a group of like-minded individuals, which explains his past with street-gangs in the City of Towers).
Despite his chaotic nature, he is good person and will help others when it does not imperil him greatly.[/sblock]

smoky

First Post
smoky

How about a warforged cleric--maybe left behind as a medic of sorts (or shipwrecked) after the war? That said, I'm completely new to this...been away from D&D for a long time and am just trying to learn about the setting, new rules and so forth... :) I am however a professional writer and I've enjoyed reading some of the adventures posted on the site. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

NarlethDrider

First Post
DrZombie said:
Oooh. A valenar elven scout-fighter.....

If anyone plays a noble, or an archeologist, or if an NPC wants a bodyguard, I'm allways up for playing a monk/rogue of house (deneith?), a protector, heir to the house but more interested in having adventures, chasing women and....

And then there's allways the shifter barbarian/ranger. Sometimes I just love to smash the bad guys. Repeatedly. Severely. Without mercy. With a big axe. I know the big sword is better, but the axe is cooler. An old eldeen reaches scout, who's tribe was murdered by abberations.....

A kobold sorcerer/wizard. Muaahahahahaa. Hirstandantilus the great. Tremble before the might of the kobold, you big lunks. A small kobold with thoughts of grandeur. ......

Euuhm. Basically I just wanna play :) hell I'll even the sorcerers' familiar if there's no other spot :D

actually i like the all---the 2nd & 3rd the best :D

Remove ads