• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IN GORM GULTHYN'S HALL

Tom Cashel

First Post
A satisfied braa-a-a-aap issues from Bronn's breast pocket.

Velm:
"Don't worry about him, Cara...he's convinced he knows it all. Despite the fact that one day he wants to study magic with Ruathgrym, then wants to destroy him, then wonders if perhaps he's not such a bad guy, then prattles on about 'sinister purposes.'

"Whereas I've been saying the same thing all along: if that lich wanted us dead he would make it happen.

"Saeita: the next time Bronn threatens to stay silent until you speak...that's your cue to enter a deep meditative state!

turns to Bronn
"You. If I hear you use the true name of the Father of Battles in that disrespectful tone again, you'll see that I do indeed remember how things are settled in his Hall. Take a look at these crossed axes I wear before you test me on that, wizard.

"And although I once had a cousin named Bronn...now I only travel with a wizard called Spellforger. So stop tossing around that 'cousin' word. You don't even know what it means."

Van Dyksun

First Post
doing his best to ignore the bickering

Okay, the choice is to blast or explore the water. I'm in favor of blasting, even though it's going to bring more intelligent things out to see what's happening over here.

The trouble with exploring by water is that it we are all at a certain disadvantage in water, and one scout is likely to meet a Troll-like equivalent and be in trouble (witness Wolf's close call with the cave lizard).

Let's blast, and then just sit here for awhile, and let the curious come to us. ;) Then we can decide whether to initiate action or let them go in peace.

Tom Cashel

First Post
Velm:
"I agree, to a point. We should blast and move quickly, testing these mithril armaments on any curious denizens. If we sit here, and a battle occurs, the noise of that battle might draw even more denizens.

"The question remains: if we're moving quickly, where are we headed?"

Van Dyksun

First Post
Point taken, Velm. I don't want to be trapped down here after clearing the way. But I do want to wait around to see who's curious about the sounds coming from here--maybe the person who flamed the place will come back?

So, amended idea: Blast, then search for some nice hiding spots above to watch for visitors.

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Velm -- Whine, whine whine. While you're been preaching, we've been planning. We know where we're going. First stop: the river. Then: the cavern. Next stop: destruction.

And oh, yes. Bring it. Please.

Last edited:

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Whispers softly to Velm -- Cousin ... you don't like me, and I don't like you. That's fine. But you're the only other dwarf here and I have to boon to ask of you.

Most likely, I won't survive the next few days. If I fall against the Sons of the Coil, don't let my body lie here in this evil-infested place. If you can, take me back to Thunderstone. Tell my father I died in battle, fighting for a lost clan. Perhaps he'll build a cairn for me near the crystal cavern. It was always a peaceful place. Do this one thing for me, Cousin.

Van Dyksun

First Post
Will the two of you save your threats for that idjit dragon instead of wasting them on each other?

Now I know what Daziel was so happy to join Selune. It's the only way to get any peace around here.

Tom Cashel

First Post
Velm:
"You've a lot of nerve to be asking for a boon after all those murmelings. Now get out of my personal space. I'll think about it."

Last edited:

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Velm - Think hard on the matter.

We've been discussing Iolar's Pillar... should we explore it before we join this battle? We may find some much needed information there.

Last edited:

Remove ads