• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IN GORM GULTHYN'S HALL

Tom Cashel

First Post
confused

Bronn Spellforger said:

To the Stone -- In the area of not-stone on the other side, is it at the top of the stairs? (worked stone that allows soft things to travel leads up and down).

(Bronn, the stone you're talking to looks like it was part of an enormous rectangular slab of worked stone, which is now cracked apart and wedged into the passage along with tons of rocks and dust.)

I cannot understand this..."stairs"...stone-talking soft thing! I was stacked upon other stones. I had not-stone above, and not-stone below. Firebooms crashed, and all the stones tumbled.

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
More confused

OOC: Oh... sorry, I was thinking we were trapped down in the basement, we're in the throne room now. Got it. We're gonna have to look at a map...

Anyone have anything else to ask the stones?

Van Dyksun

First Post
Flames?

Hrmph. I hate this, when we never know anything really important until it's already on us.

Ask the stones who Oootagalaya (or whatever his name) is? Is he a trog? Is he a she?

Are stones good at counting? How many total trogs were there? (although I guess it doesn't matter any more, since they've been squished)

Last edited:

Tom Cashel

First Post
The stones reply...

Soft stone-talking things with your strange words! I cannot understand "Ooltugalaya." All goo is pressed out of soft scaly things. I cannot understand "counting." Stone can be broken, but not destroyed! Heed me, soft hairy things!

(OOC: I've drawn a map of the entire Aerunedar cavern--from my original--which is not only to scale, but shows all the places you've been. I figure it's been long enough that you would begin to get an idea of the general shape of this place. I'll assume you all discussed it, drew it out during the past few days...and I'll give it to you at the beginning of the session. Or I can give it to Van tomorrow, to aid planning.)

Velm:
"Two questions. Could Wolf work his way up through the rubble and have a look around? And why do I have to think of these things, 'super-genius'?"

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Could he? Yes. Will I let him? No. Too dangerous.

And if we were going to do that, super-cleric, why did I use the stone-tell? Stones say nothing is behind there. Stones don't lie.

Cara -- start a-blastin'.

Tom Cashel

First Post
not yet

(OOC: Please wait until Saturday to "start a-blastin'"!)

Velm:
"Gods forbid your pet toad is put at risk...now that we know there is nothing in the immediate area, it might be a good idea to have a little more knowledge than stones can provide, since all they've really told us is that nothing is behind them.

"But by all means, go ahead. We're obviously fully prepared. The genius has said so. Snowcap, you wonder why we don't know anything until it is upon us? Well, remember this moment.

"And pray we have a chance to discuss it over ale after we meet Nightscale. With the genius concocting a plan for us, we should be ready for that challenge.

"Wizard, your problem is that you're 90% right, 50% of the time."

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
OOC: Rough day, Tom?

Okay, let's be practical and use my familiar. But perhaps you should consider being a bit more practical yourself? Just a thought.

Wolf will go throught he rubble. If he dies, you're my new familiar, Velm.

Last edited:

Tom Cashel

First Post
OOC: Yes! ;)

Velm:
"Wizard, I have become completely uninterested in anything you have to say. If we do survive this mess, I look forward to bidding you farewell for the rest of our lives."

Make a Dex roll for Wolf to squeeze his way through the cracks and gaps in the rubble.

Van Dyksun

First Post
Velm, Bronn, do I have to find a strap? :D

Before Toad attempts to make his way through the rubble, could we test the stability of these rocks? I'd hate for the stuff to shift and squish another softy thing.

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Velm -- You'll change your mind once you're familiarized. Then we'll be the best of companions!

Seriously, Velm .. you can't get so worked up over these things. You and the Van "I'm Serious" Dyksun are going to dig yourselves early graves. You can learn something from our calm, quiet monk friend over there.

That said, you may want to consider wearing Iolar's codpiece, because if you keep annoying me, I'm going to kick you in the junk.

OOC: Yeah, like I've memorized Wolf's dexterity. But I rolled a 15, so I think we can assume he did okay.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads