• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IN GORM GULTHYN'S HALL

Van Dyksun

First Post
Damn. So that's what that rumbling was all about! Wonder what caused that?

Can you send Wolf to scout the water exit here, Bronn? By the way, it's not Zandris that was Nightscale's spawn, but Yss-Fara. Remember how the trogs worshipped him as he had "dragon's blood" running through his veins.

Have we checked all the other rooms for outlets? Is the only way out through the water or by Dimension Door?

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Right. We've got so many decomposing heads with us that I lost track.

I'm not sure if I want to send Wolf down there... but it's not a bad idea... especially if you offered to catch him some more crickets. He likes you, Ranger.

There's no other outlets, sadly. Just the blocked way we came in, and the underwater tunnels.

Personally, I think Cara and the drum are our best bet!

Tom Cashel

First Post
(Note of clarification: There is one other door in the chamber outside Gorm Gulthyn's hall, aside from the ones that lead to the surface and to the Crown of Fire. You'll see it on Hatho's map, which was stuffed into the Drum.

BUT...it is not a way out. Amidst many runes and sigils, it says "HALLS OF THE EIGHT" in Dethek, and Bronn suspects that several of the other runes may be symbols, better left untouched and unread. C'mon, make my day. :))

You are free to speculate on how you'll get out of here, but let's wait until Saturday to actually send Wolf into the water or shatter any stone.

Last edited:

Van Dyksun

First Post
I'll construct some of those cricket traps then. Keep my fingers busy while I think about how we're going to get out of this nasty predicament.

Caramip Murnig

First Post
Tying up loose ends

OOC: Perform check for studying the drum--26

IC: Oops. I think I confused the construct Ruathgrym sent (that one was composed of a collection of bits of flesh, right?) with Ruathgrym.

Better to get these things cleared up BEFORE I write the saga. I can always claim Bardic license if I have to, but if you claim it too often people stop believing your sagas.

Tom Cashel

First Post
Crickets

Van, you capture four albino crickets and a silver centipede. Wolf braa-a-a-aaps contentedly and chomps a few of them down, saving the rest for later. [To Bronn: "This whitehair is a compliant sort--best to keep him around for a while."]

Cara, you discover what you would call a Song of Strength. It will enhance the strength of one listener (chosen by you) for as long as this particular beat is played, and the effect ceases the moment you stop playing. (Of course, you're not really playing it now, since the drum is muffled.)

Velm: gesturing toward the blocked doorway
"Oh, that's nothing to worry about. It's mostly good, solid stone--not dirt." winks

Last edited:

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Caramip - I like that rhythm... very dwarven.

Van - I need one more day to cast Legend Lore, only ... on what? And truth is, for the spell not to take days or even weeks, we need to be IN the place in question (or holding the object in question). So two ideas might be to a) go to the outside of Ruathgrym's house... in the hopes of finding a way to bind him in there again or b) someone sneak near to that ziggurat and cast it there to determine how to stop the sons of the coil from bringing their goddess here.

Both ideas are very dangerous. I think Spooky should go.

But I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I've got one day of food left. We need to leave TODAY.

Hey, how about I cast Stone Tell on those rocks to see what's waiting for us? I am such a super-genius.

Last edited:

Tom Cashel

First Post
Velm: chuckles
"Why don't we send Spookie to vanquish Ruathgrym, and the rest of us can deal with Nightscale?

"But seriously, you should talk to the stones, mage. If there's something waiting for us, me and my axe want to know."

Remove ads