• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IN GORM GULTHYN'S HALL

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
How's this for a plan... I use the Stone Tell to determine what's waiting for us. If nothing big is there, we use Cara's ability to destroy those rocks.

If we need to surpise whomever is behind there, we dimension door out... keeping in mind, this will drain me of all my highlevel spells, so we'd better not be running to face the dragon right away!

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Stone Tell Questions:

1. Who or what brought you tumbling down a few moments ago?

2. Was magic (flames or lightning) involved in this cave in?

3. How many creatures lie to the other side of this tunnel? What type of creatures are they? Scaly reptiles? Dwarves like me?

More questions to come depending on answers.

Tom Cashel

First Post
Stone Tell answers

1. Stones upon stones, breaking and falling from above, pushed me down.

2. Bursts of flame, many of them, preceded the tumbling.

3. Above is more stone, then the emptiness of not-stone. There are no soft creatures in the not-stone.

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
OOC: Nice answers! I dig stone talk. Get it? Dig? Sooper-humor.

1. Did you see any soft creatures in the not-stone at all before you fell? If so, describe them.

Does anyone else have any questions before Cara destroys all these stones? (Oops, is this thing still on?)

Tom Cashel

First Post
Answers

Stone is strong, soft hairy stone-talking thing! You cannot destroy stone! There were soft scaly things with claws...stone upon stone fell and squeezed the soft liquid out of them. Now they are still.

Caramip Murnig

First Post
There's always the question (I'll let you figure out how to ask the stone).... How much stone is there? Will blasting it all and moving rubble into these rooms and passageways to clear a path take a day or a month?

We've been discussing Dimension Door some.... If the heaviest person were to borrow Saieta's bracers, and if we were to leave behind some gear, how many trips WOULD it take to get us all out of here? I'm small enough that if combined with someone not quite so heavy as the heaviest (OOC: sorry, but this discussion is SO far out for the Real Me that I type in bemusement) we might be able to shift several people (and one toad) together.

Last edited:

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Cara -- Good question to ask.. but I'm not sure how to ask the stone how much rubble there is. But since we know how far it is to the entrance.. we can assume the whole thing is rubble.

Also, it's interesting that whomever caved in this place also killed some trogs in the process! Nasty.

To the Stone -- In the area of not-stone on the other side, is it at the top of the stairs? (worked stone that allows soft things to travel leads up and down).

Cara -- As for the Dimension Door, with the two heaviest of us travelling with Sieta's bracers, I can cast the spell three times... which means two trips (with with me and one person, the other with me and the two lightest people). We can probably all get out. But two things to consider 1) We'd have to leave some of our heavier items behind (some of those shields, coins, etc) and 2) I will have used up my most powerful spells for the day, which is fine, except if we're going after the dragon today...

Caramip Murnig

First Post
Yup. Most ideas have upsides and downsides.

By the way, in a Saga I once heard about a young girl going through a looking glass and playing an odd game with kings and queens and knights and pawns, it was considered quite rude to eat your dinner after you had been introduced to it. Perhaps we should find a way NOT to blow up the stones that you actually spoke with.....

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Okay, I'm sorta with Van on the whole not killing all bugbears thing... but if that's why you don't want to blow up the stones... well, I think you may have spent too much time in the Crown of Fire!

Besides, listen to the stone... you can't destroy stone.

I'd like to hear more of this story, though...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads