In Soviet Russia, Ring destroys you!

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Soothe that bad Soviet LOTR movie vibe with some absolutely charming Soviet-era Hobbit illustrations by Mikhail Belomlinsky!

Russian-version-of-The-Hobbit-10.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
Soviets may have made the most expensive movie ever. Assuming it was filmed in the west obviously it would of cost less.

Accounts vary but thousands (10-100k) of extras in Napoleonic dress reenacting 1812.

Looks like this one was raid the local theatre for costumes.

I'd just like to note that not only did the Beatles attempt to secure the rights to make their own Lord of the Rings movie, but Lennon (allegedly) wanted Stanley Kubrick to direct. So however strange this Russian thing is it's still not the strangest LotR adaptation someone has attempted to make.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I remember reading (in Russian) a book written from the Orcs point of view, where they were trying to building an industrialized economy, and the men and elves were their enemy, trying to keep them down. It was interesting, except I think for IP reasons, it could never be published in the west.

Zardnaar

Legend
I remember reading (in Russian) a book written from the Orcs point of view, where they were trying to building an industrialized economy, and the men and elves were their enemy, trying to keep them down. It was interesting, except I think for IP reasons, it could never be published in the west.

Thinly veiled propaganda lol.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8

You're probably thinking of "The Last Ring-bearer." Here's a blog from the from the translator:

Remove ads