• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In the Names of the Fathers - [d20 Cthulhu]

dscrank

First Post
Shane takes the keys and walks to the car with the girls. Once he's started up the car and they're on the way to the University. "Cynthia, Sh-Sha-Sh...arrel, does the name Dagon mean anything to you? It may hel-help." Shane considers the name. If it were Babylonian, it would mean "little fish," but that doesn't make much sense, does it? "If you can tell me which d-d-dormitory you live in, we'll park there. Then you c-ca-ca...n meet me in the library in an hour." I've got something else I have to do first.

"I uh, don't know any, Dargons Professor, I am sorry. But we don't live in the dorms, we live in an apartment. Cynthia can tell you the address. I uh, never paid attention." She says sheepishly

Valkys

First Post

Cynthia rolls her eyes, "We live over in the Moore Apartment Building. It's still student housing, but better than dorms. An hour, right?"

She puts her arm around Sharrel's shoulder(we'll have them both in the back seat) and leans over so that she's whispering in her ear, "You know, eventually, you will want to start dating again. I know it was a terrible experience, but you've got to try and get over it."

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
"Peter Octavian? This is Alexander Cross, a friend of Phynious. I understand you do private investigations around this area. Recently I've started a side business doing investigations of a sort myself.

I was wondering if you had any cases you have recently turned down or any dead ends I might be able to pick up?"

He paused a moment for a response...

Peter Octavian

"Uh...oh wait! You're that pychic kid, you found that girl right? Interstin case, you really phychic or is that just an act? Look never mind, I'm in a meeting right now. Tell you what though swing by my uncle's bookshop in Harvard square this afternoon, i'll meet you in there and we can come up to my office and talk. You know were we're at right?"

"Its hard Cyn, I just don't feel safe. I just... don't. I keep seeing Gabriel. I can't. Maybe in awhile." She looks like she is going to start crying again, as she looks into Cynthias face.

Valkys

First Post
"No worries, Sharrel. If a guy even looks at you the wrong way, tell me. I'll have Shannon and Ros bring you his balls." She smiles, comfortingly. "And you know they'd do it. Even Vanessa wouldn't object, despite certain aspects of her personality. We're your friends and we care about you. Take your time, if that's what you need. Just remember, you have to heal. Don't get lost on the way." She squeezes Sharrel's shoulder.

"Just don't think about it anymore, okay? I'm sorry I brought it up. It was careless of me."

"Its ok, Cyn your just trying to look out for me. I appreciate it, really. Its just I don't think I'll ever get over it. And now this, whatever this is. Its not fair." She crosses her arm under her breasts and sinks inot the corner scowling.

dscrank

First Post
Once Shane has parked the car near Cynthia and Sharrel's apartment, he hands the keys to Sharrel and says, "I'll see you in a...n hour."

Shane walks back to his office, worried. It's ridiculous to connect the two, but Friday was the last time he heard from either the Hadleys or Kathryn. I'm just being paranoid. The reason she hasn't called is because she's not interested. Just because something happened at the Hadleys doesn't mean something happened to Kathryn too. Still, Shane picks up his pace as he heads back to his office to make another phone call. He just hopes that this time it doesn't lead him to another scene like where the last call brought him.

Last edited:

Tay-Dor

First Post
Whisperings...

"Look Ant, i know you're all sucked up over the "family business" ,but this is dangerous stuff man. If wasn't hard up i'd a never got involved with yer pop. I really do appreciate you helping me with that deal. I just got no clue what i can do to help you out now, plus i need to be careful because a uncle Trent. Are you sure you really want to take over? There's far safer and more profitable lines a work you can get into."

Pete's glock has been tossed on the desk betwwen them, but he is still wearing the desert eagle, which he lovingly refurs to as the cannon. As he talks he absantly fingers it with his free hand, a nervous habit he just can't seem to break these days.

Antonio sits casually across from Peter, dressed smartly in an expensive silk suit. It's tailored so that only the truely observant might notice the bulge of a gun in his shoulder rig. Smiling easily, his warm blue eyes engaging Peter, Antonio speaks. His voice is soft, little more then a harsh rasping whisper, a souvenier from the fire that killed his father. "Peter my friend." Antonio's accent is a blend of Italian and native Bostonian. "How many times do I have to tell you. You may address me as Antonio or Tony, but never Ant. Please, Peter. For my sake. Don't make me have to remind you again. Good friends are hard to come by in this town." The implied threat is easily smothered in Antonio's smile and easy going manner. But it's still there.

"Is your memory going? My father never hired you, that was my Uncle. My Uncle is running the Family into the ground. I will see things made right."

The phone rings...
"Excuse me a second, Ant"
Peter reaches over and picks up said phone...

Antonio nods and listens quietly to Peter's side of the conversation.

[ooc: I'll ignore the second "Ant" as I hadn't posted by that time.]

Remove ads