• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In the Names of the Fathers - [d20 Cthulhu]

Valkys

First Post

Xander's Shop
The kid looks suitably impressed by this act of kindness. He accepts the book with a mumbled "Thanks," and walks to the counter to pay for it.

Martha winks at Xander after he has paid, "Good job, kiddo. Tea's ready." She sets a porcelain cup and saucer, decorated with geometric designs, on the countertop for Xander. She already has a cup herself. She adds some honey and stirs it briefly.

She also sets the honey, creamer, and sugar on the counter. She's been known to have a cup of tea with customers, so this way, they don't have to ask for the extras.

The Hadleys'
Richard comes out afterwards. He flips out his notepad and quickly writes down Sharrel's name as she introduces herself. He gets Cynthia's name while Shane and Sharrel talk for a moment.

"Dr. McDonald, maybe you could take the girls back to campus? I've got their names and yours, so the police can interview you later. I work for the college first, after all, and I don't want any of you to go through more than you have to. I can deal with the Boston PD and I'll call you later to let you know what we've found."

"Th...Thank you Mister, thats really nice of you. If you need anything please let me know, the Hadley's were...Are like a family to me. Anything, anything at all, just call me." Sharrel says trying to pull herself together.

"Cyn, can we go now?"

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
"Thanks" he said, taking the tea. He walked around behind the counter and took the kid's money.

"Hope its what your looking for. If not, you know where to come. We sell Bibles too." he added with a grin.

The kid taken care of, he walked over and sat beside his grandmother. "Any calls today? The store isn't making enough money to pay for me moping around long. I think I'm ready to take another case." He shrugged. "It'll help me take my mind off the last one."

Valkys

First Post

The Hadleys'
Cynthia nods, "I'm ready when you are. Do you think you can drive, or should we ask Dr. McDonald?" She smiles weakly at Shane, "It's nice to see you again. I wish the circumstances were better, though."

Xander's Shop
Martha shakes her head, "No calls. You may have to get out and drum up some business. I'm sure there are plenty of people looking for lost cats and dogs." She grins wickedly, "You just have to hold Fido's water dish, or maybe Fluffy's litterbox. But then, maybe that's not the sort of impression you want to leave?"

She sips her tea slowly. "Did you ever call that private investigator? I thought it was nice of his uncle to give you his number. Phynious has been a real help with getting the shop started. Maybe I'll send him some homemade cookies." She screws up her eyes, purses her mouth and scrunches up her nose at the thought, making a really funny face, "Better not. I don't want to ruin my reputation."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence in my driving ability." Sharrel says sarcastcally. Sighing, "I apologize, that was rude, he can drive, or you can, sarcasm is just a defensive reflex for me I geuss. I really am sorry about all of this Cyn, I just want to get home, drink some Coco, and cuddle with something.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
"Hm. Not a bad idea. Maybe he has something he hasn't got time to get to. Or maybe something that came to a dead end. No pun intended."

Chuckling from his own little joke he dug through his wallet till he found the number. Laying it out on the counter, he picked up the phone and dialed.

"You know. Some cookies sound good." he said before it started ringing.

dscrank

First Post
"I'll be hap-happy to drive if you want me to," Shane says.

He turns to Richard, "I'll see if I ca...can f...ind out more about Dagon. Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but maybe it d-do-does."

He turns to Cynthia and Sharrel, "You t-two can help me in a lit...tle research if you'd like."

Valkys

First Post

Peter's Office 1:30
OOC: Shift the time back on that first post.
The phone on Peter's desk rings.

The Hadleys' 1:30
Cynthia shakes her head, "No offense intended Sharrel. You need a boyfriend. The kitten will do for now, but sweetie, you need a big cuddly man." She grins impishly. With that, she seems to have recovered a great deal.

"Dr. McDonald, I'll be happy to help out. We should probably see Sharrel back to out apartment first." She looks at Sharrel, "Unless you'd like to accompany us first?" She shrugs, "But it's up to you."

"Um I don't know. I will try to help as much as I can. I just want to get something from the apartment if I can."

I really just want to go home, but I do want to help as well. What can I do though, I don't know about this stuff.

"Cyn, I will go with him. If he will stop by the apartment. Here are my keys. If you can take my car back home, I really shouldn't drive."

A boyfriend? I still don't feel exactly safe around men like that. aybe if I find the right guy.

Sharrel grimaces, at the thought of cuddling a man so soon after. "Cyn, I just can't do that, I'm not ready yet."

Last edited:

Remove ads